Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

A few changes?

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.

A few changes?

Post by 490808 »

Nothing important but maybe worth mentioning.

Firstly "Mark all forums read" is it possible that that link is tied to a page refresh so the user doesn't have to do that manually?

Second is it possible to have text that is highlighted in the "Quick Reply" carry over to the full editor?

As I said minor but nice to have.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Re: A few changes?

Post by Guburnor »

The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:35 am Nothing important but maybe worth mentioning.

Firstly "Mark all forums read" is it possible that that link is tied to a page refresh so the user doesn't have to do that manually?

Second is it possible to have text that is highlighted in the "Quick Reply" carry over to the full editor?

As I said minor but nice to have.
Re mark all read, not sure I follow what you mean by tied to a page refresh?

Re the Quick reply function, as things stand if you start a reply in there and click full editor it will load the text in the full editor. Or do you mean something else?

Post by 490808 »

When I Click on "Mark forums read" on the home page the dialog box comes up to say its Information Forums have been marked as read. The home page still shows the recent threads as read until you refresh the page by clicking on the Gubu.ie home page link.

With the quick editor I regularly find myself composing a post in the quick editor then switching to the full editor because I'm adding a link, picture etc. The point when I realise I need to do that is normally when I have highlighted text which I loose when I click on the Full Editor & Preview button. In another place back when it worked anything highlighted in the quick reply was also highlighted when you moved to the full editor.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

I get you now, thanks. Unfortunately neither of these changes achievable without installing further extension modules to the phpbb installation. I am trying to keep the additional modules to a minimum if possible. For changes like this, not sure it warrants new modules at the minute, as if I'm correct it's more of a minor inconvenience.

Post by 490808 »

Only a minor inconvenience and probably not even that. Only mentioned it as I'm waiting for the grass outside to dry a bit more so I can go and cut it.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Something I find inconvenient is how threads I have read but not posted in then become invisible to me. So if I am here and move through some threads and then would like to contribute to a thread read earlier while here, I can't find the thread as it has automatically been marked read by me and is thus invisible. I can see it if I log out. If I have commented I can find threads via notifications. Or My Posts. But not threads that I just read.
Maybe I am explaining this badly or am not using correct navigation of forum.
Thanks.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...