Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Hello,

Does anyone know why 'sent' messages go to the 'outbox'? I sent a message earlier but it mustn't have gone to the other person because it's sitting in my outbox :?: :|

Re: Messages

Post by 490808 »

Think you are right in how it works.

Send me one and I'll read it and answer right away.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

The Continental Op wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:32 pm Think you are right in how it works.

Send me one and I'll read it and answer right away.
Done.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:25 pm Hello,

Does anyone know why 'sent' messages go to the 'outbox'? I sent a message earlier but it mustn't have gone to the other person because it's sitting in my outbox :?: :|
It happened for me before on here, but after a fair while the message left Outbox and it sent. Of course my initial reaction was the bollix has me blocked...well feck him! 😅 but then the message went and I only had kind pure thoughts again after that. 🥰
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

It is in your Outbox until the recipient reads it. Then it is marked as Sent.

Post by 490808 »

You can also delete a sent msg that is still in your outbox up until the time its been read

The sender will however see something like This msg has been deleted by the sender and the sender name and time and date.