Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Max file sizes?

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.

Max file sizes?

Post by 490808 »

@Guburnor, I wonder if you can let us know what the max file sizes are for attachments and pictures.

Currently can't post a 534KB picture.

Fully understand the need for restrictions particularly as you are paying for the hosting and bandwidth but it would be good to know what the current limits are?
Guburnor
Site Admin

Re: Max file sizes?

Post by Guburnor »

The Continental Op wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:12 pm @Guburnor, I wonder if you can let us know what the max file sizes are for attachments and pictures.

Currently can't post a 534KB picture.

Fully understand the need for restrictions particularly as you are paying for the hosting and bandwidth but it would be good to know what the current limits are?
It's 300k per attachment, and a max of 3 attachments per post.

Post by 765489 »

I make of a copy of the photo I want to post, the resize the copy down to 20 / 40 percent of the original.

Post by 490808 »

Thanks, found the info when I reduced a picture right down in size and got it attached, its in the attachment details.

It might be an idea to change the error msg you get when the file is too large to include the max file size.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

As the recent upgrade of a certain other forum has shown, it's somewhat more reliable to use third party image hosting sites, even if a forum allows images to be attached/uploaded. That gets around the problem of file size (especially for direct uploads from the capturing device, which are frequently several multiples bigger than necessary) and allows you to more easily post the same image in different threads, or even on different forums if you're into that kind of thing! :)