Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Note on a banned poster

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.

Re: Note on a banned poster

Post by 967543 »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:05 pm In what sense? If you mean letting loons wreck the place I couldn't agree more. Moderation here is light and posters should respect that and not abuse the system by posting gibberish to elicit a response. A number of posters have given up due to the light touch moderation and it would be a shame if the actions of a few trolls were allowed to destroy this place.
planks take the piss though, can be banned for posting the wrong political opinion there, even if you mention Covid could have been created in a lab or if Biden is not 100% there ... boom banned.

Crazy
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Covid WAS created in a lab. Even Dr Tedros knows that! ;)
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 967543 »

isha wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:09 pm Covid WAS created in a lab. Even Dr Tedros knows that! ;)
But even if it weren't we should be able to discuss it regardless.

Post by 967543 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:50 pm Here is going well - if there are some dicks here then by all means come down heavy.

Sure wasnt I banned for a day myself ? Deservedly so!

I ventured back to Planks.com (kudos!!) and that vile LLMMLL is back polluting the forum discussions again - we don't need shite like that!!

Mods here are light of touch general;y but harsh and fair when needed and I for one am pleased with that!
Awful poster, also someone like Anakaspora ?? something like that, really into the drag story time shite, probably defending that lad flashing the kids in Waterford - sorry , I misgendered them ... gubu don't do a planks.ie and ban me ... please ... :P
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

In what sense? If you mean letting loons wreck the place I couldn't agree more. Moderation here is light and posters should respect that and not abuse the system by posting gibberish to elicit a response. A number of posters have given up due to the light touch moderation and it would be a shame if the actions of a few trolls were allowed to destroy this place.
He was called names and other aggressive messages from posters that eventually quit because of the light touch moderation.

Some maybe were genuine but I have strong suspicions that some people use this as a tactic to shutdown conversations they don’t want people to have(not you del, one posters rage quit after taking him up the wrong way).

How do you know when someone posts gibberish to elicit a response as opposed to someone who feels strongly about something?

Over on planks this distinction is made based on the topic, which way the ‘troll’ is arguing, which side of the argument they are on. That’s certainly not something I’d like to see here, which allows people like all the L’s and M’s to go unchallenged and troll to their heart’s content.

I see people here I think are trolling too, e.g. ‘so no actual evidence then?’ As a way of dismissing an entire argument, that shouldn’t be allowed if people like this guy was banned, but I guess those activists know that people in support of free speech aren’t going to report their posts or try to have them censored.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:09 pm Covid WAS created in a lab. Even Dr Tedros knows that! ;)
Conspiracy theory! Mod please ban. :D