Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Something up?

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.
knownunknown

Something up?

Post by knownunknown »

The sites seems to be responding slowly and when I enter the gender identity thread it bugs out half loads and I need to quit the page, page 2 specifically.

Edit site seems fine other than going into the second page of the gender thread.
knownunknown

Re: Something up?

Post by knownunknown »

Still can’t open the gender thread second page it just bugs out. Anyone else having the problem, no?

Post by 765489 »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:45 am Still can’t open the gender thread second page it just bugs out. Anyone else having the problem, no?
Opens OK for me. Are ya getting an error or is it just hanging ? Try refreshing it k
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:20 am Opens OK for me. Are ya getting an error or is it just hanging ? Try refreshing it k
I signed out, deleted cookies came back and still a problem.

Opening the first page is fine but when I open the second half the page doesn’t load and stays white. No links work and I must close the page.

I tried two different browsers also and the same problem, not what I was expecting, very strange.

Post by 765489 »

Wonder does the Gubunor have an IT department. Isha is after posting probably the best post I've ever seen in it there. You need to get this sorted man your missing out big time. 😞
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:31 pm Wonder does the Gubunor have an IT department. Isha is after posting probably the best post I've ever seen in it there. You need to get this sorted man your missing out big time. 😞
Sadly don't have an IT department! And as luck would have it this happened on a day off! Sorry knownunknown! Will take a look at it now.

I am going to delete a couple of the posts on the second page, in case one is playing silly buggers for whatever reason. Don't be alarmed, will restore them.

Knownunknown, what browser and hardware are you using to access it - chrome/safari and mobile/tablet/desktop etc?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Guburnor wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:01 am Sadly don't have an IT department! And as luck would have it this happened on a day off! Sorry knownunknown! Will take a look at it now.

I am going to delete a couple of the posts on the second page, in case one is playing silly buggers for whatever reason. Don't be alarmed, will restore them.

Knownunknown, what browser and hardware are you using to access it - chrome/safari and mobile/tablet/desktop etc?
I tried chrome and safari on tablet and same problem. All fixed now though Gub, thanks!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Notifications take me to the wrong place on a thread. And thanking a post is doing something similar. For a couple of days now.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 765489 »

Everytime I thank one of Isha's posts my browser hops back two pages. Can we delete Isha's account and see if it fixes the problem? ( I couldn't resist :mrgreen: )
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:53 pm Everytime I thank one of Isha's posts my browser hops back two pages. Can we delete Isha's account and see if it fixes the problem? ( I couldn't resist :mrgreen: )
Maybe that would be a good idea!

Post by 765489 »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:36 pm Maybe that would be a good idea!
No it would not be. The Internet in general needs more of Isha to counter the banility and group think of it all.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:14 pm Notifications take me to the wrong place on a thread. And thanking a post is doing something similar. For a couple of days now.
Sounds like deleting history and cookies might fix it. Haven’t encountered this myself.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:01 pm Sounds like deleting history and cookies might fix it. Haven’t encountered this myself.
I've done that now and I will report in time if the glitches stop.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:30 pm I've done that now and I will report in time if the glitches stop.
I’m now getting the same problem as you. I click like and it throws me back a couple of pages. Are you still having the problem too?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:59 pm I’m now getting the same problem as you. I click like and it throws me back a couple of pages. Are you still having the problem too?
Yup. It happens randomly.
It's also throwing back a couple of pages when I click on some notifications.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

isha wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:01 pm Yup. It happens randomly.
It's also throwing back a couple of pages when I click on some notifications.
Getting that also
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

I have flushed the cache, any improvement?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Will let you know after a day or two of testing. It's been random thus far, so it will take a while for me to notice if it has changed.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Still happening, last happened when I liked this post if it helps in anyway.
Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:12 pm
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:26 pm Still happening, last happened when I liked this post if it helps in anyway.
That is helpful thanks, just did a bit of clicking and it seems to be happening only on posts with embedded tweets. anybody else notice this pattern?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Still happens for me. I only sometimes pay attention to what post, but yes, the last one that hoppity skipped had a tweet embedded.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

I had it happen in a couple of posts without embedded tweets. Some links like unread posts are also bringing me back a page now too. I should have saved exactly which ones but didn’t have the time
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Thanked this post had nothing embedded yet threw me back a few pages.
isha wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:42 pm
I removed the body text
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's still happening. Just so ya know.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Every single post I thanked on Pg 12 of the "Anyone still glued to this?" thread, threw me back to Pg 11.

Nothing on Pg 12 has embeds.

It's alright for me, because I know it will happen and just make allowances for the extra clicking, scrolling, annoyance and time involved in following a thread because of this problem, but I can't see it being very enticing for anyone new to the village or anyone less supportive of the venture.