Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Image Size

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Image Size

Post by JayZeus »

Finally got an app that works reliably for image resizing for the purpose of posting directly to here as attachments.
IMG_2023-10-20-155947.png
‘Image Size’ is the app, in my case via the App Store on iPhone 13.

Using the free version now and works well enough (ads are a nuisance) that I think I’ll buy it. There’s another version which will do batch processing also.

Anyway, might be helpful and make it easier to engage.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Image Size

Post by Del.Monte »

I'm too old - and cheap - for that sort of technology and I post images using a private blog on blogger.com much to the embarrassment of my tech savvy youngest lad who has done his best to get me with the programme. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

JayZeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:04 pm Finally got an app that works reliably for image resizing for the purpose of posting directly to here as attachments.

IMG_2023-10-20-155947.png

‘Image Size’ is the app, in my case via the App Store on iPhone 13.

Using the free version now and works well enough (ads are a nuisance) that I think I’ll buy it. There’s another version which will do batch processing also.

Anyway, might be helpful and make it easier to engage.
Just downloaded the same app from the Play Store as its also available there too for android users.
Is there a way though to post an image on Gubu without it showing all the image info . . name, size and how many views its had written underneath?
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Apelles wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:18 pm Just downloaded the same app from the Play Store as its also available there too for android users.
Is there a way though to post an image on Gubu without it showing all the image info . . name, size and how many views its had written underneath?
I’d say that’s a function/setting in the bulletin board software. Maybe Gub knows.