Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Recovery Forum

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.
notfromhere
Verified Username

Recovery Forum

Post by notfromhere »

Don't know if there would be many takers, but may help people in Recovery like myself.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Re: Recovery Forum

Post by Guburnor »

+1 here in this thread if this is something others would like.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

+1 if its something you feel is worthy of discussion, then yes I'm with you.
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

Just to have somewhere to go if people need some place to have a chat if needed.
Megaminx

Post by Megaminx »

+1 same reason as kadman, i support this.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Well folks how are things this morning. Nice and sunny here for a change, so I might nip out on the bike for a few km.
Then I have to try and fix my pc that threw a wobbly yesterday.
Chat you later folks. :)
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

Things are good. Just back from a lovely walk with the dogs on the beach this morning.
It was lovely and warm was able to walk in a t shirt.
Back in the house now, as everyone else is working have to clean up and make a start on dinner.
Hopefully be back out later as tomorrow is not looking great.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

notfromhere wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:51 am Things are good. Just back from a lovely walk with the dogs on the beach this morning.
It was lovely and warm was able to walk in a t shirt.
Back in the house now, as everyone else is working have to clean up and make a start on dinner.
Hopefully be back out later as tomorrow is not looking great.

Lucky you, beach and dogs sounds like loads of fun. I would say the dogs would be every bit as enthusiastic as your self out on the beach.
Nice one :)
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I was out myself for a cycle this morning along one of the greenways, that run along old unused
railway lines. Great idea to, and then off along the canal. Enjoyable :D
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

kadman wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:32 pm Lucky you, beach and dogs sounds like loads of fun. I would say the dogs would be every bit as enthusiastic as your self out on the beach.
Nice one :)
Yes the dogs love the beach, we go out early in the morning so i can leave them off the lead, its a good 2hr walk.Its only when i got sober that i really started to appreciate these things, everything before was a rush.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Good for you, I can think of nothing that could match an early morning walk along a beach with the dogs.
That moment can definitely connect you with things that matter. And 2 hours.........sure you have them dogs spoiled :lol:
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

Think its the other way ha, they have me spoiled only for them during lockdown god knows were i would have been, they need to be walked so was out twice a day with them.With the beach walk i usually need a break half way round :D
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

What breed of dogs do you have. Our last dog was an old english sheep dog. Mad as fek, but a lovely old dog.
Lived a lot longer than normal, 13 years. No dog since, but I will. Missus thinks the chickens, all 2 of them are easier to keep :)
Calahonda52
Verified Username

Post by Calahonda52 »

On the subject of greenways, did the Waterford one earlier this week in two goes
Kilmacthomas to Waterford and then next day Kilmac to Dungarvan and back.
Did Barnagh to Abbyfeale and back on the Limerick one previous week.
Any specific questions just ask
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

kadman wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:20 am What breed of dogs do you have. Our last dog was an old english sheep dog. Mad as fek, but a lovely old dog.
Lived a lot longer than normal, 13 years. No dog since, but I will. Missus thinks the chickens, all 2 of them are easier to keep :)
One is a Cocker Spaniel,the other is a lab cross.Both girls,the Lab is a rescue dog.Chickens probably are easier to keep. Dogs are very dependent on you, they can take up a lot of your time if you let them,not that am giving out.
English sheep dogs are lovely.
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

Never been on the greenway,and am not that far from it.will have to do it soon.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

notfromhere wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:14 pm Never been on the greenway,and am not that far from it.will have to do it soon.

Go for it they are great, safe, secure and brilliantly surfaced.
I do the midlands based one that runs from Mullingar to Athlone. Try them , you will enjoy them. :)
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

notfromhere wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:13 pm One is a Cocker Spaniel,the other is a lab cross.Both girls,the Lab is a rescue dog.Chickens probably are easier to keep. Dogs are very dependent on you, they can take up a lot of your time if you let them,not that am giving out.
English sheep dogs are lovely.
WE had a cocker spaniel stud dog many many years ago when I was a lad. And 13 chickens too, then 12, then 11, then 10.
We thought it was a fox. Turned out to be a liver and white cocker called zebbeddee :lol:

He killed them and brought them into a ditch, but never ate them. he was more partial to the sunday roast that he took off the plate
when my mum came out to call us for dinner.
His stay was short lived :mrgreen: He was given to a local breeder, where he enjoyed an enjoyable retirement, he was a stud dog papers'n'all. :)
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Calahonda52 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:15 am On the subject of greenways, did the Waterford one earlier this week in two goes
Kilmacthomas to Waterford and then next day Kilmac to Dungarvan and back.
Did Barnagh to Abbyfeale and back on the Limerick one previous week.
Any specific questions just ask
They seem to be popping up all over now. Its a great use of a redundant railway.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Were the green ways an idea of the greens, government or a thing that evolved from local pressure.
Was a great idea, but its sad to see trains no longer running there. I remember the long trek from London
to Dublin and down to Cork on the old steam trains. Magic