Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Second thanks button?

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.

Second thanks button?

Post by 490808 »

Any chance of a second thanks button at the bottom of each post.

We don't have too many really long posts but when you want the thank a post with a lot of pictures it can be annoying to have to scroll back to the beginning of the post rather than click a thanks button at the bottom of the post and then move on to reading the next post.

Luxury item I know :D

Also for the lazy it would be great to have a couple of commonly used buttons on the quick reply. The main one I'd like to see is the link button but there is room for a couple more to the right of the subject bar.
Séimhe

Re: Second thanks button?

Post by Séimhe »

I think having it at the bottom and top would get confusing after the first post. But I agree with you and would like it moved to the bottom.

Not the end of the world though.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

I'll look into moving it. I think a second button is a bit overkill though, better to move it to bottom.

Post by 490808 »

The other question was about a few formatting links on the quick reply bar?

All I want is the link icon but Bold, Italic, Underline, Quote and Image would be imo the most used ones?

However I suspect I might be the only one that is interested in this?
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

All on the "would be nice to have" list for me, but if I think I'm going to need even one link, image or formatted word/phrase, then I go straight to the Full Editor as it gives me more screen space to work with. For quick quick replies, such as this, if I really want formatting, I just type the code straight into the message.

Am missing the strikethrough option more than anything.

Post by 490808 »

I tend to use the quick reply highlight something I want to add a link to (say in bargain alerts) then realise I need the full editor.

The slight annoyance then is that I loose the highlighting but its no big deal and my bad for not going to the full editor in the first place.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Yeah, that happens to me too! :) Habits carried over from other forums. Other than strikethrough, the one other modification I'd really like to see would be the automatic attribution of the actual URL to highlighted text, rather than just wrapping URL tags around the text and then having to manually paste the relevant address into the first tag.