Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Feedback

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Re: Feedback

Post by Hodors Appletart »

any chance the breadcrumbs at the bottom could be moved to appear above the reply box?
Hold The Door
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Post by Hodors Appletart »

the gaming thread in AOB should probably be in the technology forum
Hold The Door
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

@Hodors, apologies for delay getting back to you, busy day! Moved gaming thread. Re Breadcrumbs it's one of those changes that if necessary I'd rather lump in with a big CSS update.

On a related note, how do posters feel about the Quick reply function - yay or nay?
Megaminx

Post by Megaminx »

Guburnor wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:36 pm @Hodors, apologies for delay getting back to you, busy day! Moved gaming thread. Re Breadcrumbs it's one of those changes that if necessary I'd rather lump in with a big CSS update.

On a related note, how do posters feel about the Quick reply function - yay or nay?
quick reply at bottom is better than none, but an upgrade would be to have a quote+ button Imagein addition to quote button that would add quotes to bufffer, and when you get down to the quick reply, then you can then click an add quoted posts and they'd get added to the quick reply message. Something like this mockup.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

Megaminx wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 am quick reply at bottom is better than none, but an upgrade would be to have a quote+ button Imagein addition to quote button that would add quotes to bufffer, and when you get down to the quick reply, then you can then click an add quoted posts and they'd get added to the quick reply message. Something like this mockup.
That's definitely getting into bells and whistles! :D
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Would agree that it'd be nice to have a multi-quote option rather than the current jump to comment box, then have to go looking in the list below for the other post/s you want to quote (not always visible if they're to far back).

Would also be nice to have simple formatting options available in the QR box.

Happy enough to wait for them though - can still type two or three messages here while The Other Place loads each page!
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Guburnor wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 am That's definitely getting into bells and whistles! :D
I haven't used it myself but this extension allows "multi quote" and quote "highlighted text only". And it's free.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Ah yes - that (quote)highlighted text tool/feature is really handy. I use it all the time on another forum (built on the XenForo platform)
Supercell
Verified Username

Post by Supercell »

Feedback: Good job lads, feels like boards back in the early days, loving it.
Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori »

Will there be/is there a place to see the "most thanked" posts of the day? Main thing I used to look at the other site by the end was the most thanked posts over a cup of coffee in the morning. Mostly dross, but occasionally some really great stuff from forums I would not ordinarily see.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

Memento Mori wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:20 pm Will there be/is there a place to see the "most thanked" posts of the day? Main thing I used to look at the other site by the end was the most thanked posts over a cup of coffee in the morning. Mostly dross, but occasionally some really great stuff from forums I would not ordinarily see.
Yes, in time when we hopefully we have a substantial volume of new threads/posts. Trying to steer clear of it being all about the thanks for now; a small volume of posts/posters can skew the value of "most thanked' I fear.

Post by 490808 »

But on the other hand if it doesn't get to clicky thanks helps build the community.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

The Continental Op wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:40 pm But on the other hand if it doesn't get to clicky thanks helps build the community.
Absolutely agree, that's why it was one of the first features added here.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Given the whohaw over on the "other place" about PM's that were previously deleted and being resurrected after the update, just checking that something similar couldn't happen here?

Not that I've anything incriminating in my PM's (deleted or otherwise)
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I am regularly getting logged out. If I refresh page it sometimes logs me out, also if I close site tab, and return later I am logged out. Perhaps there is a box I am not checking somewhere?
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 765489 »

isha wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:21 pm I am regularly getting logged out. If I refresh page it sometimes logs me out, also if I close site tab, and return later I am logged out. Perhaps there is a box I am not checking somewhere?
I had that problem too Isha, it was moving from WiFi to Mobile data and vice versa. When you log on click the remember me box under the login area.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:27 pm Given the whohaw over on the "other place" about PM's that were previously deleted and being resurrected after the update, just checking that something similar couldn't happen here?

Not that I've anything incriminating in my PM's (deleted or otherwise)
Absolutely certain that if you delete a PM here, that copy is deleted permanently. But I suspect a copy remains in the sender/recipients outbox/inbox unless they delete it. In any event it is not going to suddenly reappear in your sent items/inbox after a software upgrade!
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

Be handy if the email notifications contained the text if what was posted.
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

What do add friend and add foe do.

I
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

Is there an ignore poster like on boards.
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

Can you ignore certain threads and even forums.
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

GrowlerG wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:54 pm Is there an ignore poster like on boards.
Add foe got it.
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

GrowlerG wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:54 pm What do add friend and add foe do.
Looked at the faq. I see now
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

GrowlerG wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:55 pm Can you ignore certain threads and even forums.
Not easily no. In theory it is possible for me to edit the permissions so you don't see a particular forum, but it is not ideal.
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

Guburnor wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:03 pm Not easily no. In theory it is possible for me to edit the permissions so you don't see a particular forum, but it is not ideal.
On boards I'd drift into some forums by accident replying to something that would pop up in recent posts. Would be handy to avoid that. Not a biggie.