Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Feedback

If you're of the view that there is a need for an old school, simple style, classic BB, with more focus on debate and discussion than bells and whistles, then gubu.ie is for you. See here for some site specific information, admin announcements, forum requests, feedback etc.
Forum rules
No racism or hate speech. Attack the post not the poster. Don't be a dick.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Feedback

Post by Guburnor »

Feedback and feature requests here.
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Re: Feedback

Post by Hodors Appletart »

is there a "latest post" button?
Hold The Door
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Hodors Appletart wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:43 am is there a "latest post" button?
Click "Quick Links" under the logo and there's a few options including "New Posts"
archfi
Verified Username

Post by archfi »

On Firefox desktop, the menus when the two icons beside post reply are clicked are illegible - blue colour obscures text
Same on Notifications link at top - greyish colour obscures text.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

archfi wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:48 am On Firefox desktop, the menus when the two icons beside post reply are clicked are illegible - blue colour obscures text
Same on Notifications link at top - greyish colour obscures text.
Sadly it's not just Firefox. CSS monkey on it.
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Gonzovision wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:45 am
Hodors Appletart wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:43 am is there a "latest post" button?
Click "Quick Links" under the logo and there's a few options including "New Posts"
thanks I meant on the threads themselves.

Another one I've just noticed - any need for the embedded quote of a quote?

And, the notification bell, when I click that it's light grey text on white until read, so unreadable.
Hold The Door
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

@archfi and @Hodors - if you clear browser cache you should see some improvement on these

@Hodors - on embedded quote, agreed unnecessary, will look into removing it by default.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

Hodors Appletart wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:22 pmAnother one I've just noticed - any need for the embedded quote of a quote?
That should be sorted now.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

On list of threads if there are new posts since your last visit icon on left hand side will be red. if you click on that it will take you to latest post. Alternatively if you click the little arrow beside username of last poster it will take you to last post.
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Guburnor wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:46 pm On list of threads if there are new posts since your last visit icon on left hand side will be red. if you click on that it will take you to latest post. Alternatively if you click the little arrow beside username of last poster it will take you to last post.
thanks for this, and the quote thing

responsive feedback, what's that?
Hold The Door
scooby

Post by scooby »

Is there an option for strikethrough text?
SnowDuck

Post by SnowDuck »

Hi Guburnor

So, this is what I was talking about earlier. On the mobile site, I see the username just on the top of top of the post, and quite close to the end of the previous post, but my lazy eyes just scroll over this this and onto the thread title (in this instance Re: Will this place take over from Boards?. Then, when I'm reading the post, I realise what I have done ( :o :shock: WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!), and have to scroll back to see who the poster was. It is clearer to read on the desktop site though.

So, this is a small point, but I was wondering if we really need the thread title repeated in every post, and, if not, we can just have the username and date/time.

ThreadTitle.PNG
ThreadTitle.PNG (106.24 KiB) Viewed 17579 times

Also, sorry for slightly mangling the spelling of your name there in the last post.

I like the site though. Easy navigation, overall easy to read, easy to stick in attachments, and grand to reply on mobile.

Ummm - one other thing is that I didn't have to verify my email address to create my account and start posting, which I am not complaining about, but might be worth a look at for security and to stop spammers.
Quack
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

scooby wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:05 pm Is there an option for strikethrough text?
Not currently. Will put it on nice to have list with pacman, and keep you psted.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

SnowDuck wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:43 pm Hi Guburnor

So, this is what I was talking about earlier. On the mobile site, I see the username just on the top of top of the post, and quite close to the end of the previous post, but my lazy eyes just scroll over this this and onto the thread title (in this instance Re: Will this place take over from Boards?. Then, when I'm reading the post, I realise what I have done ( :o :shock: WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!), and have to scroll back to see who the poster was. It is clearer to read on the desktop site though.

So, this is a small point, but I was wondering if we really need the thread title repeated in every post, and, if not, we can just have the username and date/time.

ThreadTitle.PNG

Also, sorry for slightly mangling the spelling of your name there in the last post.

I like the site though. Easy navigation, overall easy to read, easy to stick in attachments, and grand to reply on mobile.

Ummm - one other thing is that I didn't have to verify my email address to create my account and start posting, which I am not complaining about, but might be worth a look at for security and to stop spammers.
Ok, i see what you mean and take your point, the suggestion would be an improvement. Going to take a close look at mobile over the next few days.
JDaniels

Post by JDaniels »

Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong but when I hover over the wrench icon at the bottom of a thread the text doesn't show.

It will show up when I hover over the text

Guil
Verified Username

Post by Guil »

Seems to be an issue on mobile only
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

JDaniels wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:37 pm Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong but when I hover over the wrench icon at the bottom of a thread the text doesn't show.

It will show up when I hover over the text

Clear your browser cache, that should be fixed now.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

Guil wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:41 pm Seems to be an issue on mobile only
Yikes did not know it was still an issue on mobile, will look into it.
VitaminC

Post by VitaminC »

The constant spamming on boards of this site is only going to make this place look amateur hour.

Shame, spammers like that do damage to this place not help it.
seamus

Post by seamus »

Is there a dark theme? If so, how do I enable It?
ardinn
Verified Username

Post by ardinn »

seamus wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:22 am Is there a dark theme? If so, how do I enable It?
Just came here to ask the same

Im nearly blind with all this white!!!
Sancerre

Post by Sancerre »

Perhaps I’m missing it, but is there a way to go to ‘first unread post’, at the moment I’m either starting the thread on page 1 when I open it or seeing the last post but not my first unread one
Kaiser
Verified Username

Post by Kaiser »

Could you maybe sticky the navigation breadcrumbs on mobile - or repeat it at the bottom of a thread?

Having to scroll all the way back up at the moment isn't ideal.
Kaiser
Verified Username

Post by Kaiser »

Also, would it be worth setting up a bargain alerts forum? It's probably one of the most popular "over there"
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

is there an option for 24hr clock?
Hold The Door