Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Crap online customer service

All threads that don't fit into the existing categories. We will distribute them into dedicated forums as threads are posted.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Crap online customer service

Post by Del.Monte »

Amazon right up there with the worst of them - puts Eircom in the tuppenny-ha'penny place!

No easy way of contacting a human being. Search for customer service takes you round and round in circles and you end up with a multiple choice list of pre-answered solutions to your problem. :roll: I have/had Prime and ordered a computer mouse on the 6th April - still shown as being in the warehouse today - how is this worth paying for? I was so cross after this latest nonsense that I've now cancelled Prime and won't bother renewing again until Christmas. Okay, less movies (back to YouTube) but I can live with that and have I've taken out a NowTV sport subscription to console myself. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Hugh_Bigazz

Re: Crap online customer service

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:48 pm Amazon right up there with the worst of them - puts Eircom in the tuppenny-ha'penny place!

No easy way of contacting a human being. Search for customer service takes you round and round in circles and you end up with a multiple choice list of pre-answered solutions to your problem. :roll: I have/had Prime and ordered a computer mouse on the 6th April - still shown as being in the warehouse today - how is this worth paying for? I was so cross after this latest nonsense that I've now cancelled Prime and won't bother renewing again until Christmas. Okay, less movies (back to YouTube) but I can live with that and have I've taken out a NowTV sport subscription to console myself. :mrgreen:
You're wrong, Amazon have the best customer service and allow you return items without question. My son got a Kindle which he dropped and smashed, told them what happened and they sent a replacement. I have prime but never view anything, I use it for free shipping.

Apple on the other hand, had an experience with them years ago and still feel raw so I don't buy their products
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:45 pm You're wrong, Amazon have the best customer service and allow you return items without question. My son got a Kindle which he dropped and smashed, told them what happened and they sent a replacement. I have prime but never view anything, I use it for free shipping.

Apple on the other hand, had an experience with them years ago and still feel raw so I don't buy their products
I beg to differ, I also have had a positive experience in returning a defective item but that does not have any bearing on the inability to have ease of contact - even email - to a human who can investigate problems.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Maybe you forgot to click "I am not a robot" :lol:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:51 pmthe inability to have ease of contact - even email - to a human who can investigate problems.
You need to use the Chat (by text) function. Straight through to a real human within minutes. The only hint of a "negative" that I can say about them is that you sometimes need to have your case prepared in advance, because they're so ... reactive :geek: ... that they don't give you much time to type.

Last used that service a couple of weeks ago when my delivery of two gas struts included one empty box alongside the one full one. The Amazon packaging was intact, but an almost instant refund as soon as I explained the situation - and a refund for the second one because they were out of stock of that particular size, and I said I needed a matching pair. Refund made to my card before I'd even printed off the return label, never mind taking it as far as the post office.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Chat (by text) function - where might that be found?

I managed it myself - at last - but the Rep. told me that Prime doesn't apply to International orders!! A feckin mouse from Amazon themselves....Grrrr!!
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:28 pm Chat (by text) function - where might that be found?
For the sake of others, if you've already found it: bottom of the page, "Customer Service" -> "Contact Us" -> work through the suggestions relating to the order concerned until you're offered the "Chat" option.
Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:28 pmPrime doesn't apply to International orders!! A feckin mouse from Amazon themselves....Grrrr!!
:? It never has done - always specific to your local version of Amazon. How "international" were you being with the order?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Well, I don't know as I was using Amazon.co.uk and the mouse 'appeared' to be coming from the UK (supplied by Amazon) to the Republic. Never had that type of problem with them before. Got an email from them tonight promising delivery between April 20th and May 18th - that's dire by my reckoning/
'no more blah blah blah'
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:42 pm Well, I don't know as I was using Amazon.co.uk and the mouse 'appeared' to be coming from the UK (supplied by Amazon) to the Republic. Never had that type of problem with them before. Got an email from them tonight promising delivery between April 20th and May 18th - that's dire by my reckoning/
You sure it's from Amazon and not a reseller
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:59 pm You sure it's from Amazon and not a reseller
Just not my day - I see it's being supplied by Amazon.eu.... and my purchase of NowTV Sport Extra package has also turned out to be a dead duck as it won't work on Linux.......at least I'm only down £10 on that. You don't happen to have suggestions for dodgy live streaming links for sports events?
'no more blah blah blah'
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:23 pm Just not my day - I see it's being supplied by Amazon.eu.... and my purchase of NowTV Sport Extra package has also turned out to be a dead duck as it won't work on Linux.......at least I'm only down £10 on that. You don't happen to have suggestions for dodgy live streaming links for sports events?
Yep. You have a Fire stick or Android TV box? Google dark media, sign up and add their m3u to the Tivimate app

https://www.firesticktricks.com/tivimat ... layer.html
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Amazon UK make it difficult to find their chat function but once you get into it, you can generally get sorted.

Agree with CelticRambler - have your complaint typed up in advance.

I have Prime and get great value as I order items (records, CDs, BDs, books) at least once a week.

Amazon US standards have fallen however. The few orders I have made have been packed in bubblewrap envelopes rather than cardboard boxes which has meant cosmetic defects on box sets, cracked cases etc. It's also difficult to return as they use DHL who only have a few drop-off points (none near me). I complained about my last order (an expensive BD box set) and the apologetic rep said they would order a replacement free of charge - which arrived in the same flimsy packaging a week later. After a lot of back and forth on the chat, they refunded me the full price of the first set and let me keep both without needing to return either.