Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Clickbait articles getting ever more absurd

All threads that don't fit into the existing categories. We will distribute them into dedicated forums as threads are posted.
BrianD3

Clickbait articles getting ever more absurd

Post by BrianD3 »

I got caught out by clickbait from Cork Beo this morning, I'm not going to link to it as that will give them....a click. It was about a "fireball" that had been spotted in the sky that wasn't due to a meteor. Thinking it might have been man-made space debris i clicked to learn that "many" people had seen the fireball and wondered what it was. They had been in contact with Astronomy Ireland who explained that it was.....a contrail from an airliner.

What the actual fcuk? Are people that stupid that they don't know what a contrail looks like? Or was the whole thing a load of made up clickbait nonsense. Ha anyone noticed clickbait getting worse and more desperate?
Hairy-Joe

Re: Clickbait articles getting ever more absurd

Post by Hairy-Joe »

No, people are getting more stupid and unable to think. Thanks to internet being in your hand, it's easier to ask the internet via (un)social media than use their brain.
KHD

Post by KHD »

I got caught out with a click bait article myself this morning by the Manchester Evening News. ->

Martin Lewis' word of warning to anybody using air fryers or microwaves instead of ovens

The Money Saving Expert says people looking to reduce their energy bills should think carefully before using the devices

Course the money saving expert part of the headline was hidden. I thought there was some fecking health risk or something discovered that would render my airfryer useless. :oops:
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I was looking into buying an airfryer but the teflon has put me right off - any experts out there - sorry for going off topic.
'no more blah blah blah'