Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Crowd Funding - anybody dip their toe?

All threads that don't fit into the existing categories. We will distribute them into dedicated forums as threads are posted.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Crowd Funding - anybody dip their toe?

Post by Del.Monte »

I see that Fundit.ie has finally thrown in the towel and closed on the 15th February: https://fundit.ie/ I can't say that I'm surprised because the site has been tumbleweed for some years now with little or no new projects. I dabbled a while back, two movies and 'My First Book of Irish Animals'. Very satisfying and the rewards were worthwhile too but there's been nothing happening for a good while, I'm on Kickstarter.com as well but it's not Irish based and I've never really been tempted. Anybody got any recommendations or experiences?

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Crowd Funding - anybody dip their toe?

Post by Del.Monte »

And this little gem of a movie made on a zero budget would put many a blockbuster to shame and Del Monte's name amongst the credits - I could have been a contender. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Re: Crowd Funding - anybody dip their toe?

Post by isha »

I'll definitely watch that film this evening. From the first three minutes it looks very well filmed and acted.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...