Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Good Morning!!!

All threads that don't fit into the existing categories. We will distribute them into dedicated forums as threads are posted.
BettyBee

Good Morning!!!

Post by BettyBee »

Woke up feeling great today - so thought I would start a thread where we greet one another in the am ..
So,. how are we all today?
Tuesday is my least fav day of the week - but for some reason, today I feel like its a hump day lol

Re: Good Morning!!!

Post by 765489 »

I woke up late today, 9am... when I should have been working at 7.. but it's a quiet week so far so wasn't missed. We should have a good night thread too ha as in bye everyone I'm out for the night.
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Post by Hodors Appletart »

I've been living in my Father in Law's the last 2 weeks, but I had to come home last night so I could get some peace for a large work project, so sleeping in my own bed last night, even after a couple of drinks, I feel great!
Hold The Door
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:44 am I woke up late today, 9am... when I should have been working at 7.. but it's a quiet week so far so wasn't missed. We should have a good night thread too ha as in bye everyone I'm out for the night.
Just like The Waltons.
notfromhere
Verified Username

Post by notfromhere »

Good morning, just back in from the beach, weather is ok its not raining, have a load of painting to be done in the house, but can't get motivated to do it.
BettyBee

Post by BettyBee »

notfromhere wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:51 am Good morning, just back in from the beach, weather is ok its not raining, have a load of painting to be done in the house, but can't get motivated to do it.
goal and reward system - works for me... x hrs of work - then treat (cuppa n bickie, 30 mins of TV ) what ever u fancy
BettyBee

Post by BettyBee »

loving the good vibes folks
great idea on the night thread too
Osciiboscii

Post by Osciiboscii »

Good morning 🥱. Seems really dark this morning...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Grey here in the Sunny South East but still annoyingly clammy. As for good morning, I'm not so sure - go out for a walk before the masses are there or spend the day on the laptop trying to catch up with work....
'no more blah blah blah'
Knucklehead6
Verified Username

Post by Knucklehead6 »

Awake since 4am for the umpteenth morning in a row, feel like shit, but I have an hour before work starts so I’m going out for a quick spin on my bike, see if I can clear the head a bit
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

It is a good morning - didn't get to bed till 3:30 after a great night's dancing (worth every cm of the 250km round trip :o ) and don't have the least regret about sleeping through several hours of bright sunshine up to now. :cool:

Right: breakfast, while it's still (just about) morning.
Last edited by CelticRambler on Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Morning. No major plans beyond a walk in the forest in a few minutes.

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 765489 »

Was going to do a bit of painting outside today but it looks like it may rain. Might just relax today for a change!
Osciiboscii

Post by Osciiboscii »

Morning all 🤗. Fairly fresh out there this morning. Busy day ahead.

Post by 765489 »

My rain gauge has got a leak. I use a wheelbarrow to determine how much it rained over night. Will probably spend the morning rummaging for rubber washers in my shed to seal around the bolts.

I need to get this fixed urgently. :mrgreen:
Screenshot_20210919-085932_Gallery.jpg
Osciiboscii

Post by Osciiboscii »

:lol:
Ncdjd2 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:07 am My rain gauge has got a leak. I use a wheelbarrow to determine how much it rained over night. Will probably spend the morning rummaging for rubber washers in my shed to seal around the bolts.

I need to get this fixed urgently. :mrgreen:

Screenshot_20210919-085932_Gallery.jpg
Osciiboscii

Post by Osciiboscii »

20210919_093730.jpg
I s'pose this should be in Nature pics, took a few mins ago. The double one had faded by the time I had got my phone 🌈🌈
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Day.2. of the 'indian Summer' down here in the Sunny South East. Dragged myself out for two good long walks this morning but the only trouble was that I worked up a hunger on both occasions that had to be looked after.
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Opened one set of shutters at about half eight; saw what weather was on the other side of the windows and decided to go back to bed! 'Twas a good decision. :mrgreen:
Frank

Post by Frank »

It’s a lovely morning here. I’m still going to opt for drinking coffee looking out at it rather than do anything though.
Osciiboscii

Post by Osciiboscii »

Cool 'n sunny/showery morning in Kerry. Dinner cooking, so full "steam" ahead after that (xmas puds....woohoo!)

Post by 490808 »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:07 am My rain gauge has got a leak. ...
Finally got my rain gauge up this week. Can really recommend one. Takes the guessing out of how much rain you had during the night. Doing a barrow comparison the depth at the shallowest end of one of our barrows thats left out all the time is more than double what it shows on the rain gauge.

When I wake up in the morning now the first thing I do is look out the window to see how much water is in the rain gauge.

Post by 765489 »

Day off work today. I have a physio appointment later today due to ongoing back pain. Did I do any exercises since my last appointment? No I didn't.

She's going to kill me.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Regular check up blood tests this morning but delayed til 10am and I am blooming starving already as I have been awake since 6. Keeping things in perspective, just about

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 765489 »

I'm determined to start my back exercises today. Continuing the garden tidy up, then at about 2pm help my neighbour set up for loading cattle in the evening. Some holiday.