Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

MMA

All sports threads. We will distribute the threads into dedicated forums eg Soccer | Rugby | GAA etc as threads are posted.
Scotty

MMA

Post by Scotty »

I know MMA/UFC has a big community over the way, though I'm not part of it myself despite being a big fan.

A HUGE card coming up Saturday night.

I'd like to see Poirier win but I think it might be close. He's been great his last few fights but Oliveira is good.
Nunes should beat Pena handy enough.
Neal v Ponzinibbio, I'm not really familiar with either?
Garbrandt has shown moments of brilliance and then moments of muck. Hard to say which he'll be on the night.
Sean O'Malley is one of the best and most entertaining out there at the moment. I think he's going to be a huge name in years to come. It's the one I'm most looking forward to apart from the headline.

I notice the UFC are putting big names in now on the first fight of the main card to fill the seats early, they're right. It was getting ridiculous how empty the arena's where for the first few fights, especially in Vegas.

I see Dominic Cruz is in the middle of the prelims. Surely it's time to call it a day and stick to the commentary? Probably pays better and no injuries. He's had a long and successful careers all the same.