Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Will ROG become the next Munster Rugby coach?

All sports threads. We will distribute the threads into dedicated forums eg Soccer | Rugby | GAA etc as threads are posted.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Will ROG become the next Munster Rugby coach?

Post by Del.Monte »

Will the departure of Johann van Graan as head coach at the end of this season signal the next step in the inevitable progression of Ronan O'Gara to become Ireland coach? The legendary outhalf has gained plenty of experience at top level in France and New Zealand since hanging up his boots and the Munster gig is a natural step on his way to the Ireland job. Possibly the greatest player to wear the No.10. jersey for any team and certainly one of the greatest rugby brains of the modern game - 'the nation hold's its breath'. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Re: Will ROG become the next Munster Rugby coach?

Post by Hairy-Joe »

It struck me for years that he'd be in charge of Munster at some point. I'd say he make a reasonable fist of it
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Not yet it seems: Ronan O'Gara: 'If I walked out on La Rochelle after five months, I'd be some Judas'..

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rug ... 67840.html
'no more blah blah blah'
Daheff

Post by Daheff »

For his own sake hopefully not. No matter how he does, he'll never have done well enough until Munster beat the all blacks, win the triple crown and the All Ireland (hurling, football & camogie) on the same weekend.