Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Rugby betting?

All sports threads. We will distribute the threads into dedicated forums eg Soccer | Rugby | GAA etc as threads are posted.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Rugby betting?

Post by Del.Monte »

Anybody else indulge in this? I don't do the Lottery (or the Newstalk Cash Machine) :mrgreen: as I like to have some chance of winning and apart from the occasional bet on Rachel Blackmore I stick to rugby. It's my favourite sport by a mile and I find the odd bet spices up the action.

In today’s Six Nations match I have Ireland at 11/8 to win. I may well bail out if things go well early on as my bet was placed before Johnny Sexton was forced to pull out and I'm not confident in Ireland seeing it through to the end without him.

I have a few anytime try scorers too - Mack Hansen at 9/4; Josh van der Flier 5/1 and for France - Gabin Villiere at 13/8.

After two bad days I could do with a win or two today but I'll still be eating next week, whatever the outcome, as I have a strict budget for gambling - rarely broken.

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Rugby betting?

Post by Del.Monte »

5.31 minutes in and I've cut my losses on Ireland already and bailed out.

Mack Hansen scores and I had added Dupont to my try scorers! :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Too bad about the result but I'm happy with my three try scorers - over 200% up on the weekend and just about back to where I was a fortnight ago. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

I've no interest in Rugby but the postcard photo of the lambs jumping around the place is funny 😀
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:21 pm I've no interest in Rugby but the postcard photo of the lambs jumping around the place is funny 😀
I bought it with some of my winnings from my 'sponsor' - Paddy Power - a while back. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I'm all over the 2nd All Blacks v Ireland game this morning. After a slight loss (for me) last weekend I'm hoping that Ireland bounce back and have them backed for the win at 4/1 and the Draw at 25/1.

Try scorers Josh van der Flier at 16/5 and James Lowe and Sevu Reece both to score at 9/2.

Ireland more than 9.5 in the first half.

As I don't have Sky and Now TV doesn't work on Linux it's radio only for me but at least I don't have to listen to Michael Corcoran: https://radio.org.nz/sport/

And the irony, as I type this Michael Corcoran being interviewed by my station. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Try scorers let me down but I'm still almost 50% up on my investment - tax free!
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Hoping that lightning strikes twice I have gone with the unlikely scenario of Ireland prop Andrew Porter adding another try to the two he scored in the 2nd test and surely Josh van der Flier deserves one for all his work in the previous games?

Ardie Savea and Will Jordan to score for the All Blacks.

Go All Blacks! :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

32 - 22 to Ireland

Three out of four and I'm sitting pretty financially but where's was God when he was needed today? :mrgreen: :cry:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

For the day that's in it, I thought this pic and caption said it all...but there still is a small matter of winning the World Cup next year so he still has unfinished business. New Zealand has imploded since the final whistle and the torches and pitchforks will be out.

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Adds a bit of spice to proceedings for me. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Wipeout - will I ever learn?
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:57 pm Wipeout - will I ever learn?
I don’t know so much about rugby betting but in football goal scorers generally look like the worst kind of bet. Haley is averaging about a point per game throughout his career, so that’s about a try every 7 games? 8/5 looks gross :oops:
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:09 am I don’t know so much about rugby betting but in football goal scorers generally look like the worst kind of bet. Haley is averaging about a point per game throughout his career, so that’s about a try every 7 games? 8/5 looks gross :oops:
Try scorers are a difficult bet but you can't bet on the basis of averages - it's current form that matters. I usually try and offset my try scoring bets with a 'sensible' covering bet hence the Exeter to win by -8 (they were (31-7 at halftime) but ended winning 43-42. :(
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

After a mixed Autumn series betting I'm still looking for the big win and tomorrow is the last chance saloon. My tip, for what it's worth, is Australia to beat Ireland at 16/5. After losing to Italy last weekend, and France the weekend before, the Aussies will be fired up to salvage something from their miserable visit north.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Enjoyed Leinster v Racing 92 today and made a few quid on try scorers (only 3 out of 8 bets came in but they were the right ones) but now I'm losing my mind as I put the winnings on Sale to beat Ulster. The problem being I have no coverage of the game except for the Paddy Power feed and it's hard to know how the game is really going and when it's time to cash out.... :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:37 pm Enjoyed Leinster v Racing 92 today and made a few quid on try scorers (only 3 out of 8 bets came in but they were the right ones) but now I'm losing my mind as I put the winnings on Sale to beat Ulster. The problem being I have no coverage of the game except for the Paddy Power feed and it's hard to know how the game is really going and when it's time to cash out.... :mrgreen:
Should have known better - impossible to tell how things are going without TV or radio commentary and I got caught near the end and hung on when I should have cashed out but easy come, easy go and for the second weekend running I escape with my original stake intact, Ulster won 22 - 11.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Despite all the hype surrounding the return of Warren Gatland as Welsh coach, you would swear he will be playing, I foresee a massacre of this geriatric Welsh side and will be using a scatter gun for Irish try scorers.

Dan Sheehan; Andrew Porter; Josh Van Der Flier; Caelan Doris; Hugo Keenan; Garry Ringrose; Stuart McCloskey; James Lowe and Rob Herring - the trick being in knowing which ones to bet heaviest on. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

went on ur advice Del :)

in your anticipation of a Welsh hammering, went for Ireland (-13) @ 9/4 on BF

mon Éire :)
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:07 pm went on ur advice Del :)

in your anticipation of a Welsh hammering, went for Ireland (-13) @ 9/4 on BF

mon Éire :)
into "handrubbing time" territory up in hyahh ! :lol: :mrgreen: :D

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Up just over 20% on the Wales v Ireland and England v Scotland games combined - I can live with that but it could have been far better.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

A few small bets today using yesterdays winnings.
The Italy to win is most unlikely but they have a habit of always starting the 6 Nations well and then fading, their home record is good and it's France's game to lose - very scientific analysis but at 12/1 worth a punt. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Enoch Von Clausewitz

following ur bullishness Del.Monte; even tho i can't see the Ities beat Les Frogs (altho i know nowt about this egg-chasing mallarkey :lol: )

expect to lose, but in hope I've went for:

Italy (+16) 7/4 & Italy (+10) 7/2

g'l

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

15 minutes and score is 3-7, I've cut my losses. France to run away with it.

22 minutes score is 6-12 and I'm back on Italy again (16/1) this time. :mrgreen:

Half Time and score now Italy 14 France 19 - great game from both sides.

Full Time and France win 24-29. If only Italy had a scrum-half. :cry:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Last week was another back to square one for me as I escaped with my original stake intact and I'm ready to go again today. :mrgreen:

Ireland to win by more than 5 @ 10/11

France to win @ 15/8

Just getting the right amount to bet on each option is the problem. Home advantage obviously is massive but France are looking so dangerous and one can read nothing from their performance against Italy last week.

French try scorers:
Antoine Dupont @ 7/4 - let me down last week as did Romain Ntamack @ 7/2 but I'll stick with them again today. Will also add Thomas Ramos @ 7/2..

Irish try scorers: Rob Herring @ 7/4. Josh Van der Flier @ 7/4 and Caelan Doris @ 5/2. Possibly I'll also take James Lowe and Hugo Keenan....the scatter gun in use again.

Half time scores: Ireland more than 11.5 @ 4/5 and France more than 9.5 @ 5/6.
'no more blah blah blah'