Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Rugby betting?

All sports threads. We will distribute the threads into dedicated forums eg Soccer | Rugby | GAA etc as threads are posted.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Rugby betting?

Post by Del.Monte »

Some of the try scorers failed me but decent bets on the half time scores left me 25% ahead. A little dodgy betting on Scotland v Wales left me no worse off and I won't be touching England v Italy tomorrow where anything is possible!
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:02 pm Some of the try scorers failed me but decent bets on the half time scores left me 25% ahead. A little dodgy betting on Scotland v Wales left me no worse off and I won't be touching England v Italy tomorrow where anything is possible!
Well Del. I know its not quite the right forum. But after that great win against France I am firmly on the bandwagon and I intend to ride it hard :D
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ireland v Italy on Saturday and it's Ireland's to lose. Italy are playing out of their skins beating Wales (in Cardiff) in last year's Six Nations (22-21), followed up by beating Australia 28-27 last November, and coming damn close to seeing off World Champions, France, a fortnight ago (24-29). The odds on them getting the better of Ireland are very slim but surely worth taking a small punt on.

19/1 on an Italian win and 50/1 on the draw.... :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The win has moved to 22/1 and the draw remains at 50/1 - too much for this moth and I'm in.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:46 pm Ireland v Italy on Saturday and it's Ireland's to lose. Italy are playing out of their skins beating Wales (in Cardiff) in last year's Six Nations (22-21), followed up by beating Australia 28-27 last November, and coming damn close to seeing off World Champions, France, a fortnight ago (24-29). The odds on them getting the better of Ireland are very slim but surely worth taking a small punt on.

19/1 on an Italian win and 50/1 on the draw.... :mrgreen:

I'm very tempted to stick a tenner on the 50-1 for a draw.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Another small bet - Wales to beat England @ 9/4. Wales are in turmoil but anything is possible at home to the old enemy.

Couple of more for this match.

Wales (+9.5) points in first half @ 10/11

England (+12.5) points in first half @ Evens
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:11 pm Another small bet - Wales to beat England @ 9/4. Wales are in turmoil but anything is possible at home to the old enemy.

Couple of more for this match.

Wales (+9.5) points in first half @ 10/11

England (+12.5) points in first half @ Evens
Bad day at the office today (70%) down - 9 bets including the above and just one win - there are weeks like these. Now I'm wondering if I should take what's left of my pot or go for one more roll of the dice tomorrow on the France/Scotland game? :(
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

So I went with my instinct today and bet the remainder of my pot on try scorers in the France v Scotland game. Three bets and fortunately the one with the largest payout came in and reduced my overall loss for the weekend from 70% to 50%. Whoo-hoo! :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I haven't been having a good weekend so far but today could be the day....

Earlier in the week Munster legend Alan Quinlan - who knows a thing or two about rugby - predicted that Italy, England and Ireland would all win. Two results spectacularly wrong .... :o So to ensure an Irish win I have a few Euros on Scotland to win and also the Draw. Scotland need to win, the game is at Murrayfield and if Finn Russell is on song anything is possible.

However, the reverse is also possible and Ireland are on fire and thus a few try Irish scorers are in order. I favour close combat on the Scottish line from lineouts, scrums etc. and that's where the bulk of my bets will go.

I might even throw in a few backs like James Lowe, Hugo Keenan and Gary Ringrose. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

22-7 to Ireland.

66% down on the weekend. Three of my try scorers went off injured leaving James Lowe as my only winning bet out of nine in the game. There are days like that but it was a great result, and a really testing game for Ireland. Onward to the Grand Slam. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Leinster v Leicester tonight - Leicester more than 7.5 in the 1st half @ 5/6.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:58 pm Leinster v Leicester tonight - Leicester more than 7.5 in the 1st half @ 5/6.
I had to pop out to meet somebody at the front door at 36 minutes with the score 17 - 3, to Leinster, bet written off in my mind, and came back to find Leicester had scored a converted try with a couple of minutes to spare before half time. Happy days! :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Day.1. of Heineken Cup Semis - Leinster v Toulouse.

I've gone with the underdogs Toulouse to win @ 2/1

and try scorers:

Cyril Baillie @ 10/1

Dan Sheehan @ 6/5

Romain Ntamack @ 4/1

Tempted to go mad but I'm trying to be good. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:53 pm Day.1. of Heineken Cup Semis - Leinster v Toulouse.

I've gone with the underdogs Toulouse to win @ 2/1

and try scorers:

Cyril Baillie @ 10/1

Dan Sheehan @ 6/5

Romain Ntamack @ 4/1

Tempted to go mad but I'm trying to be good. :mrgreen:
41-22 to Leinster

One out four ain't bad and I'm only down 40% with the La Rochelle v Exeter game to come tomorrow.
Most pundits had the the game down as going to be close - 5 points or so in it. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I've been just about breaking even through the RWC to date and did quite well last weekend despite Ireland losing. I had both Ireland and NZ scrumhalves backed to score tries and Jamison Gibson-Park came good at 5/1 thereby saving my bacon.

This weekend I'm tempted by the prospect of England beating the Boks just because they are so bad they may just do it - spirit of Dunkirk etc.

Odds are good too at 5/1 with the bookies having the Boks as massive favourites. It could be coming home but I doubt it. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Well, after two disastrous weekends I had a reasonable day today and I am only 30% down on my investment. :mrgreen:

The weather played hell with the Connacht/Munster game and the Leinster/Ulster match but at least the latter provided plenty of excitement. I could have been quids in if I had stayed with my 13/2 bet on Ulster to win - they did - by one point. I cashed out early when the inevitable Leinster comeback and win seemed on the cards. Betting on rugby is tricky at the best of times but in monsoon conditions......back to the drawing board for me as I need a decent winning streak to straighten out my account.

First to post on GUBU in 2024 - unless I missed something?
'no more blah blah blah'