Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The Rugby Championship 2022

All sports threads. We will distribute the threads into dedicated forums eg Soccer | Rugby | GAA etc as threads are posted.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

The Rugby Championship 2022

Post by Del.Monte »

The 2022 Rugby Chmapionship (NZ, Australia, South Africa and Argentina) kicked off today and the All Blacks are once again in the horrors after their worst defeat against South Africa since 1928. Round two is next weekend and an almost guaranteed loss for the All Blacks will surely see the sacking of their team coach, Ian Foster, and captain, Sam Cane, will probably lose his job and place in the squad. Dismal stuff if you're an All Blacks groupie like me. :(

Meanwhile a convincing display by the Aussies put Argentina to the sword 32-17 with veteran maverick Quade Cooper (34) running the show from the 10 position. Hard to read too much into the result as Argentina were poor.

Roll on next weekend.

Highlights (?) of the Springboks vs All Blacks below. Anybody else follow this stuff or am I talking to myself? :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: The Rugby Championship 2022

Post by Del.Monte »

While it appears that I was largely talking to myself with my previous post I will endeavour to persevere. God was back from his prolonged holidays today and the All Blacks gave the 'mighty' Boks a taste of their own medicine after last week's miserable effort. All is well in the world once more. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The Rugby Championship continues to throw up extraordinary results with Australia beating South Africa this morning (25-17) and the horror show continues for the All Blacks at home to Argentina. :cry:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Round.4. produced a complete reversal of last weeks results with Australia beaten by the Springboks (8-24) and the All Blacks shredded Argentina (53-3) after the embarrassment of their Round.3. defeat. After all the surprises to date the All Blacks are ahead of the posse by just one point. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Another dramatic game today - possibly the best of the Championship so far - and ending in a fitting way as the Aussies penalised for time wasting. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

I hope the time-wasting penalties are something that will applied to all matches going forward.

Best RC I watched in a while i.e. its keeping my attention.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

And it's all over for another year with the All Blacks crushing the ill disciplined Aussies. Not a great spectacle which was dominated by brute force in the forwards and push-over tries. The All Blacks topped the table on points difference and are winners of the Rugby Championship for the second year running.

'no more blah blah blah'