Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Horse Racing

All sports threads. We will distribute the threads into dedicated forums eg Soccer | Rugby | GAA etc as threads are posted.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Re: Horse Racing

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

no joy so far :(
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:46 am looking a little further afield; on Sunday BERNADINE is sure to have her supporters if she lines up in the 1.20 Southwell. was unlucky two runs back at Wolves, when she may well have finished a lot closer, or even won. followed that good showing up when running very well over a similar trip when coming second over 7furlongs at a different AW surface in Lingfield. will know more shortly when the decs are out
Bernadine not declared - another day :)

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:40 am 12.40 Lingfield YOULLOVEMEWHENIWIN 13/2 WIN

has chance in open race for very poor horses. looks a fair price here

Only 4th Youllovemewheniwin. went wide around last bend, and it took the jockey a while to gather him up coming up the stretch. was doing some good late work tho. keep an eye out for next time

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:51 pm tomorrow Friday da Thirteeenth Jan '23

1.00 Huntingdon

can you hear the drums SERMANDO ?? :D

SERMANDO 11/2 EW goes in the first at Huntingdon, the 1 o'c there, and goes well over the course/distance. The nine year old came second lto at the course in a race over a slightly longer, and on good ground, trip than what he tackles tomorrow. he's also a course winner over that lto trip from three years ago. has also been tackling higher graded races in the main as of late, and tho he carries topweight, i expect him to go close.

In that same race, i'll go win only on the lightly raced 6yo NO NO TANGO 10/1, who may well benefit from step up in trip from the distances he's tackled in his 3 sole starts to date. Looks as tho he'll like both the soft ground and the distance. another one that would be no surprise to me should he prevail. 10s looks very big for No No Tango imo

Plenty of hossies go here, and both my picks have a lot of weight to carry; plus, it's a Conditional (apprentices in Jumps game) jockeys' race, so no surprise neither should both flop.

hopefully confident both go well - could do with a winner over here. no joy so far today

gluck
1.00 Huntingdon

in that same race, i'll go win only on the lightly raced 6yo NO NO TANGO 10/1, who may well benefit from step up in trip from the distances he's tackled in his 3 sole starts to date. Looks as tho he'll like both the soft ground and the distance. another one that would be no surprise to me should he prevail. 10s looks very big for No No Tango imo

out the back, but was staying on late, No No Tango. had to avoid a stricken horse at last - which didn't help. a good second, but no good as went win only. other two selections Monjules & Sermando no good and finished well down field

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:48 am 12.50 Sedgefield

CIENCIENA 5/4 & HIDALGO DE L'ISLE 11/8 may be vulnerable either at the trip or on the softish ground, or both. thinking is neither have ran over this far over hurdles before, and neither, also, have been in a hurdles' race on proper soft ground. hope at least one can manage to fail to collect any win or place money.

looks a poor race, and, if both stay up, then i'd say both will finish in top four; but something or other may find one of 'em out

have went 3-place-lay on them both, at around the 1/3 - 3/10 price point

two each way hopes in same race:

BOOMSLANG 33/1 EW , CALEVADE EW 16/1

gluck
Boomslang manages a place in third. no joy with me lay bets - first et second :roll:

Enoch Von Clausewitz

2.30 Huntingdon

Western Zephyr 1/1. looks very short - chance 3-place-lay on skinny fav at around 1/6

4 hopeful (or very hopeful :D ) each way outsiders agin field. happy daze if one prevails :)

CITY ROLLER 66/1 EW , GALAXY MOON 20/1 EW , INGENNIO 66/1 EW , MY GIFT TO YOU 80/1 EW

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:46 pm 2.30 Huntingdon

Western Zephyr 1/1. looks very short - chance 3-place-lay on skinny fav at around 1/6

4 hopeful (or very hopeful :D ) each way outsiders agin field. happy daze if one prevails :)

CITY ROLLER 66/1 EW , GALAXY MOON 20/1 EW , INGENNIO 66/1 EW , MY GIFT TO YOU 80/1 EW

gluck
no joy there, and fav wins an' all :(

Enoch Von Clausewitz

one more pick:

Newcastle 7.15 NELLIE FRENCH 12/1 Win

likely be held up last; hopefully be near enough to challenge late on

g'luck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

3.30 Huntingdon

LESKINFERE 25s EW ,, goes well at the course - more miss than hit overall

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:19 pm 3.30 Huntingdon

LESKINFERE 25s EW ,, goes well at the course - more miss than hit overall

gluck
place there , come third :)

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:07 am Place-lay hopefuls here

12.40 Lingfield LOTHIAN 2/1. Think 6fs is a bit too far. could be the best horse in the race, but price looks a bit short atm. am thinking Michael Attwater's 5yo may either try chase the pace and not stay, or be held up and not quite get there. will try a three-place-lay at around 1/2

3.45 Newcastle EHTEYAT 4/5 . Two runs for Stoute and two for "Buffy" Boughey. first three were poor, yet horse was somehow sent off as 6/4 fav lto prior to winning at Southwell over 1m6f. is down 1/2m in trip today in another Amateur race. not one that interests me as regards having a winning chance here - in a race where i'm scarce tempted to look at the field :lol: will chance a three-place-lay putting up 1/4 or shorter in hope.
Lothian places third. Ehteyat comes 5th or worse i think, so get that lay one anyhow :)

Enoch Von Clausewitz

6.45 Newcastle chance ANNIE ROSE here 20s

gl

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:08 pm one more pick:

Newcastle 7.15 NELLIE FRENCH 12/1 Win

likely be held up last; hopefully be near enough to challenge late on

g'luck
2nd :(

ran a good race but not good enough, was Nellie

Enoch Von Clausewitz

1.57 Wetherby

3m hurdle race on soft ground. think the race is between the top two in the betting on overall form. looks like the gambled on Heritier De Sivola 5/2 is the likely leader, and the original favourite, the topweight Hoganville will chase the pace.

I think HOGANVILLE 3/1 is just too big (altho 3s aint a massive price ats :) ) to not back, and he gets the NB vote from me to prevail here

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

hopeful each way outsider

1.02 Fairyhouse

SHES OVERLOOKED 33/1 EW

first time over obstacles, and, crucially, imo, her first run on soft/soft-heavy going. not as big a price as i thought she'd be. go each way for pennies in this Mares Maiden

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:22 pm hopeful each way outsider

1.02 Fairyhouse

SHES OVERLOOKED 33/1 EW

first time over obstacles, and, crucially, imo, her first run on soft/soft-heavy going. not as big a price as i thought she'd be. go each way for pennies in this Mares Maiden

gluck
no good today, Shes Overlooked,, finished well down field

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:47 am 1.57 Wetherby

3m hurdle race on soft ground. think the race is between the top two in the betting on overall form. looks like the gambled on Heritier De Sivola 5/2 is the likely leader, and the original favourite, the topweight Hoganville will chase the pace.

I think HOGANVILLE 3/1 is just too big (altho 3s aint a massive price ats :) ) to not back, and he gets the NB vote from me to prevail here

gluck

no good Hoganville. not in contention (after being up with the pace for majority of race) come the business end of proceedings :( finishes a moderate 3rd

no surprise he lost; bigger surprise was him going off 11/2 :o almost like 'someone knew' :roll: :lol: :x

Enoch Von Clausewitz

3.30 Lingfield

wide open race this, where anything can win (apart from fav, i hope :) )

plenty have form around 6fs, but not many have decent, or indeed recent, 7furlongs form.

pen landed on two:

REAL ESTATE 12/1 EW. A former CD winner from January 2020. been running okay this last while, but mainly over 6furlongs. ran okay lto at Chelmsford, without threatening, but that was another 6f race. has dropped a long way in weights. today the day??

BANKRUPT 16/1 EW. yet to win in eleven runs. looks more a 6furlong horse, but is a decent each way pick against the field, imo

might chance 3-place-lay on 5/2 fav Night Traveller. obviously improving, as was rubbish for her first nine runs, until winning comprehensively at Chelmsford lto. that race was over a mile tho. thinking is she could be outpaced at the wrong (or 'right' , for me :lol: ) time, and fail to get involved - again, am hoping. like me said, she is an improving filly; but Hollie had to roust her along lto to put her in contention the last day. doesn't have a great draw in box 11 neither.

g'lk

Enoch Von Clausewitz

might chance 3-place-lay on 5/2 fav Night Traveller. obviously improving, as was rubbish for her first nine runs, until winning comprehensively at Chelmsford lto. that race was over a mile tho. thinking is she could be outpaced at the wrong (or 'right' , for me :lol: ) time, and fail to get involved - again, am hoping. like me said, she is an improving filly; but Hollie had to roust her along lto to put her in contention the last day. doesn't have a great draw in box 11 neither.
about evs atm for plce-lay on fav; bit too big - was hoping I could lay her for 8/11 or shorter; will leave off methinks

Enoch Von Clausewitz

no joy in 3.30 Lingfield :(

wouldn't have found that 10/1 winner Luxy Loo anyhow

Enoch Von Clausewitz

6.00 Chelmsford

CROCODILE ROLL 4/1 Win NAP

goes well on the surface and at the trip. am scratching me head - price looks WAAAY too big !!! :)

gl

Enoch Von Clausewitz

8.30 Chelmsford

STRANGER THINGS 13/2 EW

ran a respectable 4th lto over course and distance. 5yo mare is due a win after 12 unsuccessful attempts

STAR OF ST LOUIS 10/1 Win former CD winner, has decent draw in box three

gl

Enoch Von Clausewitz

6.30 Chelmsford MAWKEB 9/4 Win

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Saturday 14th Jan '23

Chelmsford

had a look at one race there

5.30 HANOVERIAN KING 12/1 EW & TWISTALINE 9/2 EW are two that i'll consider backing tomorrow.
no joy there, Twistaline 4th and Hanoverian King close to last
Bawaader 7/4 paper fav sets the standard, but is not one to be too worried about imo. just the two wins to date, and his latest came lto when winning over the same 1mile trip; but that was on Standard/Slow going at Kempton and a similar Mickey Mouse affair, but he did win easy. Bawaader also has a recent Course/Distance third to his name - which came three runs back - but overall makes no appeal at t'prices. would want to be at least 9/4 to be of interest here
wrong about Bawaader - wins easy as :(

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:53 pm 6.00 Chelmsford

CROCODILE ROLL 4/1 Win NAP

goes well on the surface and at the trip. am scratching me head - price looks WAAAY too big !!! :)

gl

ran like a pig - third :x