Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Horse Racing

All sports threads. We will distribute the threads into dedicated forums eg Soccer | Rugby | GAA etc as threads are posted.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Re: Horse Racing

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:02 pm 6.30 Chelmsford MAWKEB 9/4 Win
another dud :(
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:14 pm 8.30 Chelmsford

STRANGER THINGS 13/2 EW

ran a respectable 4th lto over course and distance. 5yo mare is due a win after 12 unsuccessful attempts

STAR OF ST LOUIS 10/1 Win former CD winner, has decent draw in box three

gl
no good

4th Stranger Things , other one nowhere in 7th

:(

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

2.50 Southwell KRYSTAL MAZE EW 18/1

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:28 pm 2.50 Southwell KRYSTAL MAZE EW 18/1
Krystal Maze gets a place - finishes 3rd

Enoch Von Clausewitz

tomorrow Monday 16th Jan 2023

Fontwell

if it goes ahead - inspection tomorrow morn. going is heavy there

Coolvalla is a serial winner and the early ~4/6 favourite here. this appears to be a frontrunners track, and the jolly has a lot of weight to carry for this Class3 Chase. Putdecashonthedash is a possible/likely frontrunner here, I feel; and that could make the favourite vulnerable here also, as, along with his heavy weight, Putdecashonthedash might get bogged down on the ground and possibly flounder.

anyroad, i'm going for ECHO WATT ~4/1 to win here. 2nd last time (over CD in November - they clashed more recently, but that was at a different course in Lingfield) they met, Echo Watt had to give away 16lbs to Coolvalla; whereas tomorrow Echo Watt carries 11lbs less than Coolvalla - that's a 27lbs swing in favour of the selection - who was beat 7 lengths into second that day by Coolvalla.

of the others, I think Premier D'troice ~7/1 has gone well on soft/heavy going in the past and can't be ruled out; and both Putdecashonthedash ~11s and Alminar ~11/1 are also mudlarks, so almost anything can win here - if meeting goes ahead

just the win on ECHO WATT for me though. might try a lay bet on Coolvalla as well, at up to 4/5

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:15 pm tomorrow Monday 16th Jan 2023

Fontwell

if it goes ahead - inspection tomorrow morn. going is heavy there

Coolvalla is a serial winner and the early ~4/6 favourite here. this appears to be a frontrunners track, and the jolly has a lot of weight to carry for this Class3 Chase. Putdecashonthedash is a possible/likely frontrunner here, I feel; and that could make the favourite vulnerable here also, as, along with his heavy weight, Putdecashonthedash might get bogged down on the ground and possibly flounder.

anyroad, i'm going for ECHO WATT ~4/1 to win here. 2nd last time (over CD in November - they clashed more recently, but that was at a different course in Lingfield) they met, Echo Watt had to give away 16lbs to Coolvalla; whereas tomorrow Echo Watt carries 11lbs less than Coolvalla - that's a 27lbs swing in favour of the selection who was beat 7 lengths into second that day by Coolvalla.

of the others, I think Premier D'troice ~7/1 has gone well on soft/heavy going in the past and can't be ruled out; and both Putdecashonthedash ~11s and Alminar ~11/1 are also mudlarks, so almost anything can win here - if meeting goes ahead

just the win on ECHO WATT for me though. might try a lay bet on Coolvalla as well, at up to 4/5

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Fontwell abd yesterday

one for today

2.10 Kempton COOL VIXEN 13/2 EW

gl

Enoch Von Clausewitz

only 5th Cool Vixen

chance next time imo

Enoch Von Clausewitz

chance one tomorrow in Ireland here

Punchestown - Soft

1.57 KNOCKANARD LADY 6/1 EW

a fillies and mares maiden hurdle. only 4th lto, but came a decent 2nd on her penultimate outing in December - the winner (Gaoth Chuil) of that race went on to frank the form when coming a respectable third next time out in what looked a decent handicap

also, Knockanard Lady won her first ever race - which was a soft ground Punchestown Bumper - in January of last year. can go close over the ~2m 4f trip, acts on soft, and is proven at the course - ticks enough boxes for me

current second favourite in that race is WPM's Pink In The Park ~15/8. can only say that she's entitled to go very close on overall form, but not jumping off the page as a likely winner in this. she, too, has also won a Punchestown Bumper, but that was on good ground.

Princess Zoe is the 8/11 favourite here; an 8yo trained by Tony Mullins who's having her first ever go over obstacles. she's won over €300,000 in win and place prizemoney on the level; and over all sorts of trips and ground, but ya couldn't be backing her at them odds :D

OTTIZINI 25/1 is one what is potentially capable of going well out of the larger priced ones

gl

Enoch Von Clausewitz

2nd February '23

1.40 Fakenham

Secret Trix of Olly Murphy's stable is a course and distance winner who's entitled to go very close here, but is very short at a current best price of 13/8

can't be afraid of one horse, so will chance a couple regardless:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN ~12/1 might be worth an each way bet here, or a win w/o the favourite. has yet to win, but had some good placed form from around summertime of last year. the 7yo is entitled to improve as is having just his third run for latest connections: the first of which was a chase which saw him unseat rider, and the latest a Class4 hurdle on soft where he was pulled up. a Class5 hurdle on good ground tomorrow, so will read little into them runs; both of which saw him go off at short prices. will expect better tomorrow

DEV OF TARA ~28/1 EW is the second string of Olly Murphy - who also has the favourite in this. horse aint got much form to speak of, but is lightly raced and also has the tonguestrap and cheekpieces applied for the first time, so this will hopefully see an improved showing from this speculative selection

Another Mystery ~11/1 can be given the swerve here, imo. is reverting back to hurdles after a few poor/moderate chase attempts. two hurdles outings in Jan and March of last year don't give much cause for optimism

San Pedro ~9/1 looks to have place only claims at best, so will leave him off an' all

Shesupincourt ~9/4 is second favourite atm. ran a few good races on better/good ground around backend last year. has ran better races the last while when upped in trip; tho her last three races have all been ran on soft or heavy going. I have a feeling that she'll be tapped for toe here, and I wouldn't recommend her unless significant rain comes. mebbe chance her for 3/4 place lays here if at a similar price tomorrow

Ya Know Yaseff ~7/2 is a PtP winner, but very hard to make any kind of case for her on any of her five (all over shorter trips, but still,,,) hurdles' starts to date

gl

Enoch Von Clausewitz

2.10 Fakenham

interesting race this - mainly because of a very strange looking favourite, and also because of the very short price of said favourite. Dondiam went out to 6/4 from an earlier price of ~10/11, and is now an even money-6/5 shot. overall form from his 6 runs to date in various NH spheres can only be described as moderate, and that is if one was being kind :lol: must be down to his "having his first run in a handicap" what has him at such a skinny price :? :D

anyhow, form is poor, and makes zero appeal; although horses do tend to "improve when sent handicapping" , or so they say. will chance two/three place lays on this jolly, perhaps, if he's trading @ ~13/8 - or a lot shorter, even - come Opening Show

looks to be some pace on/a few likely leaders here

pen landed on two:

MEXICAN BOY ~4/1 WIN. came second lto when having his first go chasing. a little improvement should see him go close here; and that second at Southwell saw him in mid-div early on, so will hope he's not too far back, as Southwell - like Fakenham - seems to be a track what favours those racing close to the pace

UBERMAN 11/1 EW is having his first run for the very shrewd Welshman, Christian Williams. recent form figures don't inspire much confidence, but his second at Plumpton from April of last year reads well enough in context of how things may pan out today, and Uberman (or Brian, as I like to call him :D ) aint really raced under similar (suitable ? ) conditions since that good ground crossbar job

the admirably consistent Ben Buie ~9/2 merits a mention, and I couldn't put anyone off him at a good looking price, but he has a lot of weight to carry today and might have some competition if he decides to try make all. am reluctantly giving this one swerve, but hard not to fancy all the same

Line Of Descent ~7/2 is another what has claims, on what'll be just his third chase start, and is only a youngster at five years old; but thinking is he might want further to be seen to best effect, or indeed softer going at this ~2m trip. may go close, but hard to see him winning today.

possibly, for pennies, do combi tricasts 'nd forecasts on Mexican Boy, Uberman & Ben Buie also

:)

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:49 pm 2nd February '23

1.40 Fakenham

Secret Trix of Olly Murphy's stable is a course and distance winner who's entitled to go very close here, but is very short at a current best price of 13/8

can't be afraid of one horse, so will chance a couple regardless:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN ~12/1 might be worth an each way bet here, or a win w/o the favourite. has yet to win, but had some good placed form from around summertime of last year. the 7yo is entitled to improve as is having just his third run for latest connections: the first of which was a chase which saw him unseat rider, and the latest a Class4 hurdle on soft where he was pulled up. a Class5 hurdle on good ground tomorrow, so will read little into them runs; both of which saw him go off at short prices. will expect better tomorrow

Another Mystery ~11/1 can be given the swerve here, imo. is reverting back to hurdles after a few poor/moderate chase attempts. two hurdles outings in Jan and March of last year don't give much cause for optimism

San Pedro ~9/1 looks to have place only claims at best, so will leave him off an' all

Shesupincourt ~9/4 is second favourite atm. ran a few good races on better/good ground around backend last year. has ran better races the last while when upped in trip; tho her last three races have all been ran on soft or heavy going. I have a feeling that she'll be tapped for toe here, and I wouldn't recommend her unless significant rain comes. mebbe chance her for 3/4 place lays here if at a similar price tomorrow

Ya Know Yaseff ~7/2 is a PtP winner, but very hard to make any kind of case for her on any of her five (all over shorter trips, but still,,,) hurdles' starts to date

gl

Code: Select all

[b]DEV OF TARA [/b]~28/1 EW is the second string of Olly Murphy - who also has the favourite in this. horse aint got much form to speak of, but is lightly raced and also has the tonguestrap and cheekpieces applied for the first time, so this will hopefully see an improved showing from this speculative selection
:D :D :D YEEEEEEUPPPPPPPP DEV OF TARA & Lewis Stones !!!!

nt 2 shabby - WINS @ #3/1 mahoosive gambol !!!!

#40p/20p in £ / € rule 4 depending on times bets were put on - but still - noice winna winna Beef Stroganov dinna :D

Release The Kraken pu :( ah well

KHD

Post by KHD »

About time ya got a win :mrgreen:
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:10 am 2.10 Fakenham

interesting race this - mainly because of a very strange looking favourite, and also because of the very short price of said favourite. Dondiam went out to 6/4 from an earlier price of ~10/11, and is now an even money-6/5 shot. overall form from his 6 runs to date in various NH spheres can only be described as moderate, and that is if one was being kind :lol: must be down to his "having his first run in a handicap" what has him at such a skinny price :? :D

anyhow, form is poor, and makes zero appeal; although horses do tend to "improve when sent handicapping" , or so they say. will chance two/three place lays on this jolly, perhaps, if he's trading @ ~13/8 - or a lot shorter, even - come Opening Show

looks to be some pace on/a few likely leaders here

pen landed on two:

MEXICAN BOY ~4/1 WIN. came second lto when having his first go chasing. a little improvement should see him go close here; and that second at Southwell saw him in mid-div early on, so will hope he's not too far back, as Southwell - like Fakenham - seems to be a track what favours those racing close to the pace

UBERMAN 11/1 EW is having his first run for the very shrewd Welshman, Christian Williams. recent form figures don't inspire much confidence, but his second at Plumpton from April of last year reads well enough in context of how things may pan out today, and Uberman (or Brian, as I like to call him :D ) aint really raced under similar (suitable ? ) conditions since that good ground crossbar job

the admirably consistent Ben Buie ~9/2 merits a mention, and I couldn't put anyone off him at a good looking price, but he has a lot of weight to carry today and might have some competition if he decides to try make all. am reluctantly giving this one swerve, but hard not to fancy all the same

Line Of Descent ~7/2 is another what has claims, on what'll be just his third chase start, and is only a youngster at five years old; but thinking is he might want further to be seen to best effect, or indeed softer going at this ~2m trip. may go close, but hard to see him winning today.

possibly, for pennies, do combi tricasts 'nd forecasts on Mexican Boy, Uberman & Ben Buie also

no joy with either of the two picks there :(

Enoch Von Clausewitz

not much interest in rest of today's racing

to keep eye in, will look forwards

Saturday 4th Feb

Kempton - Standard to Slow

a ~2m Class6 handicap with mucho dross - a lot of these are with new stables/owners, and some have never raced over this far, and plenty aint never won at the trip

anyhow, chance a hopeful one (altho not a big price)

CHENG GONG ~5/1 WIN

A dual purpose horse that has three wins to his name at up to 1.5m. 7yo was off the flat (had a few jumps' runs in t'interim) for over 2yrs prior to his 'flat comeback' in Jan of this year. that run was at Southwell over 14fs which saw him beat over 30 lengths, tho that was an Amateur Jockeys' race, so will read nothing into that run.

A horse who likes to race prominently (which is how he won his three races on the level, albeit over shorter trips - as mentioned above) ; and he did just that lto at Kempton, when trying to make all, but ended up a respectable third atc. he was totally unfancied that day - sent off at 50s - so not much was expected. was also drawn widest of all that day in box eleven, so his try make all bid couldn't have been helped by using plenty of petrol to get to the opposite rail.

that run showed he's capable of staying over CD (race was ran in a slowish time for the grade/going, but they usually are at this lowly level, so nothing to read into that neither) .

Saturday sees Neil King's gelding better drawn in stall four, and, unless he decides to lead himself (hoping he doesn't :P ) , I'm pretty sure he'll find something to follow, and can hopefully give a good account.

gave them all the once over, and to my mind, he's the 'form horse' here. going strictly by 'form figures' , the ~2/1 fav Winklevi is a deserving favourite, but he aint got a great draw in box 8, for one what likes to race prominent; and Cam Hardie is on top, which sees him heft a big weight, and perhaps a claimer might better aid his cause (most recent win was three runs back when Jordan Williams took off 3 [was an apprentice race tbf, so there's that] , and his next run saw him come 2nd when Aidan Keeley claimed 5lbs [not an apprentice race] ) . ya couldn't be up to Dave Evans, and the horse is a skinny enough price - enough reasons to oppose.

Yagan ~7/2 provisional third fav, of Prescott's is topweight here and sports ye first time blinkers. has previously gone close over CD (came 2nd last August under Luke Morris, who must be at Lingfield on Saturday, as Thore Hansen takes mount) . Last two runs (tho he didn't finish that far back in either) don't inspire a lot of confidence insofar as how the horse travelled during races - keen in one and race wide in t'other, if memory serves. both were, however, on the Tapeta surface, which probably aint really his bag. latest Polytrack run at Chelmsford in October would put him in shakeup, but enough niggling ?'s with his weight along with the draw (drawn worst of all in box 9 here)

struggling to think of a good word for any of the rest of them, but the upped in trip Overstate ~16/1 can't be completely ruled out, as has a decent draw in box two, and his Redcar 5th (two trainers/1 owner back) in August of last year, would give him a shout.

OVERSTATE will do me as a second pick here (atm) , and will consider going each way on Stuart Edmunds' inmate; horse is only 4yo so that's a green shoot i suppose. a 'lowly' enough trainer is ire Stuey, but he's had a cupla winners recently, which include one ridden by Overstate's young jockey Mollie Phillips (3lbs) , so enough cause for optimism

g'l

Enoch Von Clausewitz

KHD wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:05 pm About time ya got a win :mrgreen:
:D :D :D :D :D

cheers m8 - hopefully more to follow in coming weeks. think four/five picks/selections per day is way forward :mrgreen:

Enoch Von Clausewitz

last one for today - no time for writeup

Southwell 5.05

EASY EQUATION 7/2 WIN

FOURSOME 33/1 EW wing and a prayer job, but not completely w/o a chance

and one what'll hopefully be well beat :lol:

THUNDER GAP ~2/1 Fav,, looks very short,, has raced over shorter than this ~2m trip - without staying, it would seem; and breeding don't offer much encouragement neither, imo. three place lay @ ~4/7

say 2 :)

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:54 pm last one for today - no time for writeup

Southwell 5.05

EASY EQUATION 7/2 WIN

FOURSOME 33/1 EW wing and a prayer job, but not completely w/o a chance

and one what'll hopefully be well beat :lol:

THUNDER GAP ~2/1 Fav,, looks very short,, has raced over shorter than this ~2m trip - without staying, it would seem; and breeding don't offer much encouragement neither, imo. three place lay @ ~4/7

say 2 :)
:D Lavvly Jubble E ..... EEEEEEEEEEZZEE for Easy Equation @ a tasty 9/2

hope one or two managed get on :)

and the jolly (like me hoped) faded :D Billy Garritty full o' &*ít just before off; saying fav hd good chance, nd spouting cráp ahboot ye upped in trip jolly 'staying on' in races previous, and 'unsure about trip' , "but it would likely suit" :lol: lotta crooks in dis game

other pick nowheres (6th), but no 'arm

me's appy enough - think me'll switch ova 4 to see if 'Amilton , 'Arman , Menzies or Scarlette are flogging owt abroad 8-)

nice to get dem few winnas anyhow :)

g'luck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

uno pick (might be only one, absent any further inspiration) atm

looking at home for this one, which says enough; being as i normally like to avoid "Fundalk" as a place to find ye elusive winners

7.00 Dundalk

aint a single horse here, imo, with strong or likely claims. one pick (for a change :lol: ) is plenty enuf here. horse is out of form, but reasons to be #cheerful [ish] nonetheless

#was gonna draw a line thru 'cheerful' and put 'hopeful' a'terwards, but alas no 'strikethrough' opseeown 'ere :mrgreen:

anyhow, le pick:

MAGI GAL 20/1 EW #NB

horse is well out of form, but is a CD winner from around this time of t'year, albeit way back in Jan 2020. The filly won that day with the trainer's stable apprentice, Siobhan Rudledge, on board, and she took off a handy 10lbs that day. her jockey today is another female apprentice, who I'd never heard of before, but Jessica O'Gorman (7lbs) has two winners to her name from out of ~25 rides in total over the last ~2/3yrs

horse is down to a handicap rating of 48, and has won from off 64 when winning in November '20 at the course (that was over further than today's trip) , and won off a 59 rating when gaining that CD win referenced above.

has mainly been racing on turf the last while. this horse has a tendency to break very slow, which is not good, but am hoping the 130 days layoff can get this filly freshened up.

normally layoffs of ~100days or more are considered a negative of sorts, and out of the selection's three wins, the biggest layoff she's had prior to any of her three in total wins is about 7wks. am hoping there's an exception here

horses numbered 5, 6 & 9 are likely leaders here - hoping it's a fast-run race, just like it was when Magi Gal nabbed that CD win three years agone.

trainer has been among the winners recently - with about 4 wins in last ~3wks, so there's that too

clutching at straws here, but like in first para, there's nowt 'obvious' looking here (to yer average "reading the two/three lines of form form student" anyhow - others may be able to make cases for various other selections going on trainer form/breeding/'marks' etc, and that kinda mallarkey, but no me - today, anyhow :) )

#horse could well be a 12/14 to one shot, but it's the price mainly (moreso than how much me fancies it) what makes me give it ye Next Best endorsement/imprimatur, whatever yer havin' yerself

saying that, the topweight EVERYHOURONTHEHOUR 13/2 is a gutsy competitor, as shown when winning over CD last Jan. If I had a second pick here, it would be him. might go win only on the W Ross trained 7yo - would be a first win for that trainer since this horse's referenced CD win

okay, that's 'two' picks :mrgreen:

g'l

Enoch Von Clausewitz

7.15 Newcastle

Standard/Slow is track "going" description here, which should suit pick

ENDERMAN 7/1 WIN + EW NAP

another one with a 100+ days' layoff since latest outing. only the sole win from 26 starts to his name; that win came way back in Sept '20, but has seen plenty of support (w/o winning) in about 8 of his nine most recent starts.

it's a CD place running what catches eye here. horse came third two runs back in a fast run Class6 affair. Was drawn in box 2 (of 14 runners) , and was held up around mid-div that day; has far better (higher) draw today in box 8 of eleven, and that could make all the difference, as higher drawn ones tend to fare better at Gosforth Park venue

no point over analyzing race, or worrying/wondering about jockey bookings and the likes - if @Enderman runs his race, i'm hoping he be bang there. looks value too - can see him potentially going off at 4s or shorter; looks about an 11/2 shot to me anyhoo

g'l all

Enoch Von Clausewitz

like Billy Loughnane (think he's either in, or off to America to get more experience, and also to preserve his 5lbs claim) ; young Daniel Muscutt (a more seasoned professional) who has come to prominence lately; has been having a purple patch with 11 wins from 67 runs in last ~21 days

nowt wrong with that if you're a Muscutt fan. think he's a right good pilot meself

his biggest priced of them 11 winners was a 9/1 shot - Bernadine at Kempton on 19th January; and the shortest priced one was Thismydream 9/4 23rd Jan Soutwell

But it's his "short-priced losers" me wants to look at:

will count 'short priced ones' as those sent off at 13/8 or shorter; here they be:

1st Feb Wannabe Brave (James Fanshawe) Kempton 5/4fav - 4th of 9

31st Jan Roaring Legend (James Ferguson) Southwell 1/1fav - 2nd of 12

28th Jan Ziggy (Harry Eustace) Kempton 10/11fav - 3rd of 8

28th Jan Cotopaxi Moon (James Ferguson) Kempton 4/7fav - 4th of 13

25th Jan Originally (J Butler) Newcastle 10/11fav - 4th of 7

18th Jan Politics (M Appleby) Wolverhampton 10/11 fav - 5th of 7

18th Jan Cicely (Kevin Philippart De Foy - give this chap his full unabridged moniker, while 25%+ of trainers are just given an initial for dey first name on racecarde :lol: ) Wolverhampton 13/8fav - 8th of 8

16th Jan Barenboim (David O'Meara) Wolverhampton 1/1fav - 2nd of 5

https://www.irishracing.com/jockey/Daniel-Muscutt/11594

hhmm, makes ya wonder.. every odds on shot he's been on in timeframe have all been turned over,,, could be just a statistical abberation or whatever, or could well be summat else :o ;) :cry: :D I be treading carefully if i really fancy a short-priced one Danny's on in races upcoming

aint saying he's up to any crookery - am merely observating here :|

#investigativejournalism :mrgreen:

Enoch Von Clausewitz

2.00 Chepstow

RESERVE TANK 20/1 EW

was with the Tizzards for a long while, and the 9yo is now having his third run for Peter Bowen. had a right good year in 2019 when winning all before him, but nowt since then

has done most of his winning on ~good to soft ground @ trips of ~2.5m, with the furthest of those being over hurdles at a distance of ~2m5f. that was a hurdles race; has just the one chase win to his name

in the latter part of his career with the Tizzards he reverted back to the smaller obstacles, as didn't have a while lot of joy over fences. has ran twice for Bowen thus far, with both those runs Chase ones, and both over approx 3ms - which is interesting, as that would seem a bit far

anyhow, the capricious 9yo flopped in both those when finishing pulled up in each of them runs. he's plummeted down weights from a rating as high as 151 back in March 2020, and is now operating off 115. as well as plummeting down weights, he's also dropping down significantly in trip from recent runs - down to a more suitable ~2m.3f. , so it would seem

today sees him run in a Class4 for the first time since his novice hurdle days way back when

has to be of interest to those of us what like the bigger priced ones. a small each way here, as he may go close, or could run like a drain. do me anyway at the prices

am sure there's others here what could go well, but this the one that jumped off page, and can only be considered a speculative selection based on the obvious - well out of form, and seems to dislike the larger obstacles. I'd rather back him than the prohibitively priced 6yo fav Hipop Des Ongrais ~6/5

g'luck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

3.30 Chepstow

2 picks here where some books go 4 places a fifth

SANDY BOY 17/2 EW goes very well at or around this trip, and at this level, on good or close to good, ground

GALOP DU BOSC 30/1 EW one of two Tim Vaughan trained ones here. only five runs (all chases) and the last two seen him out back, or held up in mid-div; as opposed to his three previous runs where he was to the fore. a possible 'light under a bushel' job p'raps?

had a quick look at them all, and none of the rest of them were of much interest; seems lots would prefer softer going - in my humble :lol:

g'luck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

a few i'm considering for place lays

3.00 Chepstow Monbeg Genius 5/4.. Jonjo O'Neill horse seen some support - have a feeling good ground may not be entirely to his liking; horse looks too short anyhow.

4.30 Dundalk Miami Thunder 1/1.. came 2nd lto at the course on first ever run which was over 7fs, not entirely sure 1m will suit here

8.15 Newcastle Yaahobby 4/1,, seen a lot of support today, think he's far too short myself

2.20 Lingfield Arbaawi 5/2,, doesn't really appeal on overall profile

enuf bets for today methink

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:01 am 2.00 Chepstow

RESERVE TANK 20/1 EW

was with the Tizzards for a long while, and the 9yo is now having his third run for Peter Bowen. had a right good year in 2019 when winning all before him, but nowt since then

has done most of his winning on ~good to soft ground @ trips of ~2.5m, with the furthest of those being over hurdles at a distance of ~2m5f. that was a hurdles race; has just the one chase win to his name

in the latter part of his career with the Tizzards he reverted back to the smaller obstacles, as didn't have a while lot of joy over fences. has ran twice for Bowen thus far, with both those runs Chase ones, and both over approx 3ms - which is interesting, as that would seem a bit far

anyhow, the capricious 9yo flopped in both those when finishing pulled up in each of them runs. he's plummeted down weights from a rating as high as 151 back in March 2020, and is now operating off 115. as well as plummeting down weights, he's also dropping down significantly in trip from recent runs - down to a more suitable ~2m.3f. , so it would seem

today sees him run in a Class4 for the first time since his novice hurdle days way back when

has to be of interest to those of us what like the bigger priced ones. a small each way here, as he may go close, or could run like a drain. do me anyway at the prices

am sure there's others here what could go well, but this the one that jumped off page, and can only be considered a speculative selection based on the obvious - well out of form, and seems to dislike the larger obstacles. I'd rather back him than the prohibitively priced 6yo fav Hipop Des Ongrais ~6/5

g'luck
4th :( ran a good race for long way, but blunder at last cost him third place