Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Horse Racing

All sports threads. We will distribute the threads into dedicated forums eg Soccer | Rugby | GAA etc as threads are posted.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Re: Horse Racing

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:06 pm early pick for tomorrow Sat 10 Dec.

Wolverhampton

Wide open this Class4 6f Sprint, where 'the paper' has lto CD winner Abbey Heights (2) as the provisional 11/4 fav. Daniel Kubler's 4-y-o won by making all that day from stall 8, and is even better berthed tomorrow in stall 2.

has live claims tbs, but am looking for summit at a bigger price here; plus I feel a frontrunner is vulnerable here in this quality looking Class4.

Rattling (3), at about 5/1 can go well over track and trip, but i feel she comes up short here at this level. Jockey wouldn't be the best neither.

Pocket The Profit (4) is, like the 2 abovementioned horses, well drawn being in stall 4, but carries topweight and could be vulnerable from his 84 rating. Like Rattling, Pocket The Profit is only a 3-y-o, and there could be more to come. Doesn't interest me insofar as one who looks likely, and his predicted price of 10/3 looks very skimpy anyroad.

Amber Dew (5) looks a decent price at 10/1 approx, and came a good 2nd lto in a race a grade higher (when very well supported an' all). Don't like backing too many from the Dixon stable, as ya wouldn't know what they'd be up to. A lively looking one at prices tho, all the same. Same trainer also has the lto Class5 CD winning Ahlawi (8) ~8/1, going as well. Likes the surface, and tough to rule out, but will leave Ahlawi off as well here.

Intervention (1) is a multiple CD winner, but don't appeal at 13/2. Think this is just a grade too high for the Mick Appleby gelding. Plenty of pace on, and the horse is very well drawn in box 1 to sit just off the pace. Easy enough to make a case for him if ya likes, but I aint seeing it happen for Intervention tomorrow

Pen landed on the lightly raced VESPASIAN (6). Is trained by Simon Crisford, and this 3-y-o son of Acclamation has shown a liking for the Tapeta surface when coming 2nd at Southwell and then following that up with a win at Newcastle - in the early part of this year. Hasn't raced since April, and last two runs aint been great, but one of those was in a Class2 on the turf at Newmarket, and the other on the Polytrack at Lingfield.

Likes to lead, which aint great, as he's middle drawn in stall 6, and there are others what like to make the running also.

has enough ?s , but i am happy enough to go win only on VESPASIAN if he's 9/2 or bigger this evening, as is lightly raced and could have more to offer. Not one for each way accums i reckon, but will hope he's able to get his noggin in front where it counts tomorrow

good luck :)
done VESPASIAN @ 7s ; good enough price,, will hope ye horse is good enough tomorrow :)
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

3.28 Newcastle

ONE MORE DREAM
. Win on this one who might be more than good enough to win here. Confidence tempered a bit by his last two runs over 7fs, but should fare well if he adopts his hold up tactics - which saw the 3-y-o record back to back course & distance wins in October and November. Is a short price, and worth a win bet if 2s can be got - seems a best price 15/8 atm tho.

KAPONO . Bit of a cliff horse, but conditions are optimum today. Likes to be out the back early, and has a good high draw in box nine here as well. Been running poor enough recently, but came a close 4th two runs back over C&D, so not completely out of form. Standard going he ran on that day, and today's Standard / Slow going should better suit. Plenty of 16 & 18 to 1 about for this fellah (who has been drifting tbf) . Each Way

looks a lot of pace on here 'early doors' so am hoping the two picks are coming fast and late - but no too late :lol:

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:17 pm 3.28 Newcastle

ONE MORE DREAM
. Win on this one who might be more than good enough to win here. Confidence tempered a bit by his last two runs over 7fs, but should fare well if he adopts his hold up tactics - which saw the 3-y-o record back to back course & distance wins in October and November. Is a short price, and worth a win bet if 2s can be got - seems a best price 15/8 atm tho.

KAPONO . Bit of a cliff horse, but conditions are optimum today. Likes to be out the back early, and has a good high draw in box nine here as well. Been running poor enough recently, but came a close 4th two runs back over C&D, so not completely out of form. Standard going he ran on that day, and today's Standard / Slow going should better suit. Plenty of 16 & 18 to 1 about for this fellah (who has been drifting tbf) . Each Way

looks a lot of pace on here 'early doors' so am hoping the two picks are coming fast and late - but no too late :lol:

:(

looks like Newcastle is ABANDONED :o "All Weather" track my a$$ :evil: :D

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Sunday 11 Dec

a few early thoughts for tomorrow

Cork

t'going is currently Yielding - Soft there. If racing goes ahead, it might yet get worser. Lot of meets called off this wkend; looks like Punchestown is 'Unraceable'

Anyroad,

12.15 LIBBY . Libby is twelve to one in paper which looks right good price. First run over hurdles, but seems to stay 10fs on the flat, and acts well on soft. Trainer also has Realism, who's a mere 3/1 shot in paper. Realism is another newcomer in hurdling ranks, and don't appeal at prices. Each Way on Libby methinks.

In same race WPM has 11/8 paper fav Blood Destiny. Has never ran in any race. Plenty of these with hurdling/flat/soft ground form, so will look at laying Blood Destiny for 3/4 places here.

12.45 Mercurey is a paper 6/5 shot. Ran well in two Bumpers to include one win, but has never jumped an obstacle in public. Another for 3/4 place lay considerations.

2.50 EMILY ROEBLING Each Way. Has been banging on the door, altho yet to win, over ~2.5m or thereabouts and plenty of soft ground form. Yet to win, but this 8-y-o is due a win i feel; tho has a long layoff to contend with. Paper has her as an 8/1 shot.

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

For me, and this is only "for me" , the boy Ronaldo really needs to get at least one solid shot on target here; in order for him and his salty tears to be a possible "iconic moment" of ye tourney,,

Course, Les Geezers could yet win,

but, ye boy Messi currently has at least two of em "iconic moments" (standing stoic, almost God-like, after he landed one in back o' net) in his pocket :D

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:06 pm early pick for tomorrow Sat 10 Dec.

Wolverhampton

Wide open this Class4 6f Sprint, where 'the paper' has lto CD winner Abbey Heights (2) as the provisional 11/4 fav. Daniel Kubler's 4-y-o won by making all that day from stall 8, and is even better berthed tomorrow in stall 2.

has live claims tbs, but am looking for summit at a bigger price here; plus I feel a frontrunner is vulnerable here in this quality looking Class4.

Rattling (3), at about 5/1 can go well over track and trip, but i feel she comes up short here at this level. Jockey wouldn't be the best neither.

Pocket The Profit (4) is, like the 2 abovementioned horses, well drawn being in stall 4, but carries topweight and could be vulnerable from his 84 rating. Like Rattling, Pocket The Profit is only a 3-y-o, and there could be more to come. Doesn't interest me insofar as one who looks likely, and his predicted price of 10/3 looks very skimpy anyroad.

Amber Dew (5) looks a decent price at 10/1 approx, and came a good 2nd lto in a race a grade higher (when very well supported an' all). Don't like backing too many from the Dixon stable, as ya wouldn't know what they'd be up to. A lively looking one at prices tho, all the same. Same trainer also has the lto Class5 CD winning Ahlawi (8) ~8/1, going as well. Likes the surface, and tough to rule out, but will leave Ahlawi off as well here.

Intervention (1) is a multiple CD winner, but don't appeal at 13/2. Think this is just a grade too high for the Mick Appleby gelding. Plenty of pace on, and the horse is very well drawn in box 1 to sit just off the pace. Easy enough to make a case for him if ya likes, but I aint seeing it happen for Intervention tomorrow

only second Vespasian ; tried making all, but got tired up run-in :(

Pen landed on the lightly raced VESPASIAN (6). Is trained by Simon Crisford, and this 3-y-o son of Acclamation has shown a liking for the Tapeta surface when coming 2nd at Southwell and then following that up with a win at Newcastle - in the early part of this year. Hasn't raced since April, and last two runs aint been great, but one of those was in a Class2 on the turf at Newmarket, and the other on the Polytrack at Lingfield.

Likes to lead, which aint great, as he's middle drawn in stall 6, and there are others what like to make the running also.

has enough ?s , but i am happy enough to go win only on VESPASIAN if he's 9/2 or bigger this evening, as is lightly raced and could have more to offer. Not one for each way accums i reckon, but will hope he's able to get his noggin in front where it counts tomorrow

good luck :)

Enoch Von Clausewitz

My Brother Mike 11/8 in delayed 5,27 Tampa Bay Downs

Enoch Von Clausewitz

''Enoch's Each Way Trixie''

Southwell

5.00 Basholo 30/1

6.30 We Still Believe Nap 18/1

7.00 Mac Ailey 18/1

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

in 6.30 Southwell, Enoch, he think short priced jolly Eagle Eyed Freddie may trade at very short odds in-running, as is a likely early leader and has previously been nabbed when close to jamstick when tryna make all, as has been the case in many of his recent races - all at a mile or above

race is over a mile today, and horse has a lorra weight to carry. I fink summat beats the fav here anyhow

KHD

Post by KHD »

Did you have Mac Alley on it's own Enoch ? 14/1 Winner.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

yup KHD, I did all three in singles as well, ta :)

nice to find a decent priced one every now and then !

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Tomorrow Tuesday Dec 20 Seventh

Wolverhampton

AMAING AMAYA EW NB 9/1

Jockey Cam Hardie is able to get a tune out of this 7yo mare. Has yet to win over the 6furlongs long trip, but AA capable of going close, as evidenced by her staying on over the minimum trip at the course lto. looks about a 13/2 shot to me.

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Tomorrow 27th Dec

Chepstow

2.50 Welsh GN

have consulted the form and me noggin, and through elimination processes (plus hoping going stays 'Good' , or close to it - as is nigh supposedly the case) various, my each way [with 6 places available] selections are::

THE GALLOPING BEAR 5/1 , ASK ME EARLY 7/1 , MUSICAL SLAVE 16/1 , CYCLOP 40/1 , WAYFINDER 16/1 , MOVETHECHAINS 16/1 , GATS AND CO 50/1

:lol: happy day after box sing day :D

Enoch Von Clausewitz

^^
rubbish there at Chepstow :( bastid ground went agin my picks :cry: :evil:

1.00 Plumpton

DOWNSMAN 5O/1 EW is a hopeful pick

Henderson's fav Master Chewy looks very short here @ 8/11. Worth a lay bet I feel on this heavy going today

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

3.00 Plumpton

Sussex National

those at top of betting don't look great prices. have gone for three each way here with four places a fifth on offer - no great confidence; just hoping one - at least one :lol: - can be involved in shakeup, and I can get a shout or ten in at telly :D

SIDI ISMAEL 12/1 , D'JANGO 22/1 , GLORIOUS LADY 20/1

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Tuesday 3rd Jan '23

few for tomorrow. each way for coppers

Chelmsford Cty

1.00 JEANETTE MAY 22/1 , STRANGER THINGS 10/1 , BLAIRLOGIE 25/1

Musselburgh

1.45 TAXMEIFYOUCAN 20/1

Wolverhampton

6.30 RED ALERT 11/1 , ARLECCHINO'S GIFT 28/1
lot of money for ex-Irish horse Aikido here. not won in a long time, but is a previous 6f winnewr from 2021 at Dundalk off of a 93 rating - down to 60 nowadays as is well out of form; has been taking a lot of 'pulls' lately early on in his lst two race - hhmm, sumtin cud be up :lol: ;) has a good draw too in box three if deciding to go on. was 33s and now 11/1. not for me all the same that Aikido

gluck

KHD

Post by KHD »

Taxmeifyoucan, clever name for a horse. :😀
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Yep, it's a clever name alright - Taxmeifyocan :lol:

they do come out with some funny ones alright KHD. Sometimes, to amuse myself, I like to think if I ever got rich I'd get meself one and send him/her to a race somewhere in Australia hehehheh (or SA, but South African racing aint exactly a magnet for 'foreign invaders' )

the funny bit would be the 'accents' from the Antipodean comms/pundits. think I'd call my beast something like "Winker" :D

anyway, back to today and there's one race I was looking at but forgot about.

Wolverhampton

Wakai Umi 6/4 sets the standard here. Wide open race where Soaring Eagle 4/1 and Doctor Mozart 11/2 both have solid claims also. Turbo Tiger 12/1 also has form in the book to go close.

Wide open race tbs, and tho it's a sprint, most of the field like to lead it appears. Looks like there'll be no hiding place here as a lot of these could be ''cutting each others' throats'' here by going fast early on and racing too fast too soon.

Pen landed on two and I'll go win only on both

CARIAD ANGEL13/2 WIN Filly is dropping back down to 5furlongs after three unsuccessful attempts over 6furlongs. Could be unexposed.

DOCTOR MOZART 11/2 WIN. Very consistent horse who has won once with a last time out win, and three previous placed efforts - all those 4 runs were in his last for races - all over 5furlongs over various tracks and surfaces.

those two'll do me as win picks. chance a small reverse forecast as well

hopefully nab one today :)

Enoch Von Clausewitz

One Winner today with Cariad Angel and one placer in Red Alert out picks. Still losing day tho

One pick for tomorrow

Wednesday 4th Jan '23

12.20 Newcastle

Looks like a decent chance for BURNAGE BOY to land his first ever win after going 43 runs in both codes without ever having gotten his nose in front. He came third over CD the last time he was at the course - back in Sept - which looks a decent piece of form in the context of this race

This is a really poor field, and the ones at the top of the betting, in the main, look doubtful stayers

Be no surprise if me pick comes nowhere, but @ 16/1 BURNAGE BOY looks a cracking price here. Feels like about a 10 or 11/1 shot to me, so I was obliged to go EW on the Micky Hammond 7yo

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

couple more

Kempton

6.00 ALICE KNYVET 11/2 EW

6.30 HUDDLETON MAC 16/1 EW

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:40 pm One Winner today with Cariad Angel and one placer in Red Alert out picks. Still losing day tho

One pick for tomorrow

Wednesday 4th Jan '23

12.20 Newcastle

Looks like a decent chance for BURNAGE BOY to land his first ever win after going 43 runs in both codes without ever having gotten his nose in front. He came third over CD the last time he was at the course - back in Sept - which looks a decent piece of form in the context of this race

This is a really poor field, and the ones at the top of the betting, in the main, look doubtful stayers

Be no surprise if me pick comes nowhere, but @ 16/1 BURNAGE BOY looks a cracking price here. Feels like about a 10 or 11/1 shot to me, so I was obliged to go EW on the Micky Hammond 7yo

gluck
:( only 4th Burnage Boy :cry:

Enoch Von Clausewitz

3.10 Dundalk ON OUR RADAR 18/1 EW

gluck

Enoch Von Clausewitz

^^^
place there with On Our Radar

3.45 Dundalk

hopeful each way outsider ANGEL PALANAS 30/1

Enoch Von Clausewitz

same race: 3.45 Dundalk HURRICANE HELEN €5 win 9/1

Enoch Von Clausewitz

^^^

no joy at all with those Dundalk 3.45 bets... enuf from me