Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Celebrity Pro Boxing

All sports threads. We will distribute the threads into dedicated forums eg Soccer | Rugby | GAA etc as threads are posted.
Tigger
Verified Username

Celebrity Pro Boxing

Post by Tigger »

Conor made it big news and the Pauls are relly pushing what it measn.
Celebrity with some bocing training against sportsperson from the wrong sport. Tonight a MMA monster will fight a kid from you tube and I honestly dont know who is gonna win.

When Askrin was fed to the hype machine i found the whole thing disingenuous as hes not a striker at all. he looke out of shape and his grappeling was all he had. Woodley is a different matter, will he really be willinmg to lose to Jake Paul and if he does what will people think.

Personally its either over in two or Jake drags Tyron into deep deep trouble and eats his soul.
Personally the way Wonderboy showed him up as average really shows me that Woodley might need to try to rush this and i don't believe thats gonna work in boxing.
Scotty

Re: Celebrity Pro Boxing

Post by Scotty »

I see Fury has pulled out and Woodley has stepped in again. I can't see Woodley beating him. He's 5" shorter and fights 30lbs lighter. Plus he's not even a boxer. At least Fury is a boxer.

I see the whole 'celebrity boxing' thing as a load of bollix. Logan Paul is lined up to fight Mike Tyson ffs. Even at 55 Tyson should finish that inside the first minute. If not then it'll be because of contracts, not ability. It's WWE style nonsense and the sooner someone gets hurt and there's a stop put to it the better.

I can't abide Jake Paul!!!
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Terrible fight last night, Paul showed how badly he can box just looking for a right hand knockout blow. Fury for a real boxer wasn't great
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

I avoid this stuff like the plague.
I'm a fan of boxing and this stuff is just pish.