Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The Green Party

Renewable energies, sustainability, recycling and everything in between
Del.Monte
Verified Username

The Green Party

Post by Del.Monte »

Delighted to hear Hazel Chu being interviewed on Drivetime this evening - she has stepped down as Chair of the party today and no loss. In a typical Hazel Chu interview everything got a mention apart from the environment - the 'Queer Greens' who I'd had the good fortune never to hear of before - the need for a succession of women to follow her as Chair of the party etc.etc. Just what are Hazel Chu's environmental credentials - anybody? Can't see anything relevant here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazel_Chu

The last time I heard anything about the Greens on RTE this month it was a spokesman from Friends of the Earth (Ireland) criticising them - nuff said - they are a complete disaster as regards the environment. Virtue signalling and inclusivity are their main concerns. My long planned membership is on hold yet again and I will be supporting the Scottish Wildlife Trust https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/ this Christmas. :(
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Re: The Green Party

Post by Hairy-Joe »

The Greens strike me as a movement rather than a political party. The movement is environmental but is a mix of ideas, thoughts, etc. They strike me that they are not a political party as they can't present a unified front on their positions.

Also they seem not to understand life outside the M50 and how things work in the real world.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: The Green Party

Post by Del.Monte »

They need to jettison all the hangers on such as those whose only interest is the social agenda and changing the country to suit the pc brigade. Let them off to set-up their own party or join one of the many left wing parties.

It speaks volumes about the party that their membership stands at a pitiful 4,721 in 2020 - even the equally shambolic An Taisce organisation has 5,000+ members while Birdwatch Ireland has 15,000. I would hazard a guess that the bulk of the members of those two organisations are not in the Green party and won't be joining it anytime soon. I know a good few in the environmental world and none that I know of are attracted by the Greens. Of course many, including myself, will have voted Green in the past but are not inclined to join the Irish version of the Monster Raving Loony party as it's presently constituted.
'no more blah blah blah'