Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Climate Change/Global Warming

Renewable energies, sustainability, recycling and everything in between
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Climate Change/Global Warming

Post by kadman »

Immediate and dramatic means then serfs will get another type of tax on the carbon life form that we have to pay. We have the carbon tax, so now its time for another new climate tax, that will be a major transfer of wealth from those barely surviving, up the food chain to the wealthy, to make them wealthier.
I have never heard in the climate debate anything about the wreckless testing of over 2000+ atomic weapons in the marshal islands, and the effect of that on the planet. Along with all the other bombs detonated on this planet. It must have been an oversight.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

As the conspiracy theorists say We are the carbon they are trying to reduce.

I'm all for improvement. The filth of the place is terrible - us sending all our disgusting rubbish and unwanted excess to be burned in forever fires in Africa etc. But immiseration of the peasants by making solid fuel unaffordable and stopping use of cars and planes except by the elite sticks in my craw.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Fratello
Verified Username

Post by Fratello »

kadman wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:56 am Immediate and dramatic means then serfs will get another type of tax on the carbon life form that we have to pay. We have the carbon tax, so now its time for another new climate tax, that will be a major transfer of wealth from those barely surviving, up the food chain to the wealthy, to make them wealthier.
I have never heard in the climate debate anything about the wreckless testing of over 2000+ atomic weapons in the marshal islands, and the effect of that on the planet. Along with all the other bombs detonated on this planet. It must have been an oversight.
My father in law often bring that up as well as the WW1 and WW2 bombs.
Here is a good example of a waste of energy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-25
How much CO2 was emitted? For what? Only to poison the earth with radiation.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Fratello wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:10 am My father in law often bring that up as well as the WW1 and WW2 bombs.
Here is a good example of a waste of energy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-25
How much CO2 was emitted? For what? Only to poison the earth with radiation.
Not to mention the US never let a good old bomb test go to waste, thats why they left 250 on the island of Rongelap to see the effects of radiation on men , women, and children. And never gave them any treatment at all.
And to think that Macarthur was made the protector of the Marshall islands !!!!

Protecting and experimentation :shock: :?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

From this site

https://gwis.jrc.ec.europa.eu/apps/gwis ... sonaltrend

Bjorn Lomborg has copied the following graph re wildfires in Europe.
Less has burned this year than is usual.
20230807_140759.jpg
20230807_140759.jpg (213.66 KiB) Viewed 4466 times

More wildfires in America but less in Europe and Africa means less wildfire globally overall.
20230807_140827.jpg
20230807_140827.jpg (265.25 KiB) Viewed 4466 times
In spite of fewer wildfires in Europe the media has been talking about the fires far more than usual.
20230807_140857.jpg
20230807_140857.jpg (107.05 KiB) Viewed 4466 times

It is not due to less vegetation or forest to burn that there are now fewer fires at this time in Europe. There is more forest and vegetation in Europe than before.

See next post for graph
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Much dancing on the head of pin methinks. You can publish as many graphs as you like but anybody who takes a look at their local environment can see what's happening. I'm too busy to get involved in this right now but as Arnie said .."I'll be back"
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I don't say there's not pollution and environmental degradations. Of course there is. I've been gardening organically for more than 35 years, don't think I do that because I love hardship! I love nature and can't abide the filth we are dumping everywhere and the chemicals that are not only fookiing up our environment but us with it.
I just am publishing actual stats on the burning story because I think it is either 1) lazy hysterical journalism by nitwits or 2) a deliberate propaganda stream to soften us for 15 minute cities, soft climate lockdowns, more taxes and us plebians never owning a solid fuel stove or a plane ticket again.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I found this an interesting interview.

Steve Koonin is an American theoretical physicist and former director of the Center for Urban Science and Progress at New York University. He is also a professor in the Department of Civil and Urban Engineering at NYU's Tandon School of Engineering. From 2004 to 2009, Koonin was employed by BP as the oil and gas company’s Chief Scientist. From 2009 to 2011, he was Under Secretary for Science, Department of Energy, in the Obama administration. - Wikipedia

One of the main reasons I like it is because it offers pushback against the propaganda that is causing disabling nihilism and anxiety in younger people. I hate that non stop grind of their hopes by random people filling newspaper/digital columns. The research done by the IPCC and published last year does not support the crazy alarmism. The summaries of the IPCC documents (which Koonin says are generally pretty good science) are written by policy makers, lobbyists and think tanks and are often completely different than the actual content of the IPCC material.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Well I watched that through and it was a classic case of muddying the waters - in fact they became so murky you couldn't make any sense of what he was saying but he is a clearly in the climate change deniers camp. I wonder if he still gets a a nice little stipend from BP? At best he is a worthless egotist, at worst he's a complete knave muddying the waters at the behest of his paymasters - whoever they may be.
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Well here’s a guy arguing on the side of climate change, a geologist, and has been for years(Peter Hadfield). He can still admit to the vast amount of bullshit we can see within the green movement.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:34 pm Well I watched that through and it was a classic case of muddying the waters - in fact they became so murky you couldn't make any sense of what he was saying but he is a clearly in the climate change deniers camp. I wonder if he still gets a a nice little stipend from BP? At best he is a worthless egotist, at worst he's a complete knave muddying the waters at the behest of his paymasters - whoever they may be.
It was not muddy at all. He simply says that the IPCC research is misrepresented by governments. Which it is.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'll have a look at that later, known
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Just stop oil get a taste of their own medicine :lol:

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's quite clever. I'm surprised no one has a crossbow.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

isha wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:39 pm It's quite clever. I'm surprised no one has a crossbow.
Or even a BB gun.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:39 pm It's quite clever. I'm surprised no one has a crossbow.
Apparently someone tried to make one, and their plant based meal had nothing pop worthy. Would have been different with t-bones being on the menu.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

So the gobshite Ryan is going to Brazil for St Patrick's Day, by rowing boat I presume? Fcuking hypocrite!