Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Galway Ring Road refused planning on Green grounds

Renewable energies, sustainability, recycling and everything in between
Hairy-Joe

Galway Ring Road refused planning on Green grounds

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Just listening to the news and it seems the Galway Ring Road has been refused planning on Green grounds.

Personally I think that's a disaster due to all the extra emissions from cars sitting in traffic compared to moving along on a half decent ring Road. Also, for a quality of life it's needed as I know people that spend hours sitting in traffic in Galway.

It's needed for economic development also. I've turned down jobs in Galway (that came with a nice 5 figure pay increase) due to the traffic getting around Galway. I told them the reason and I got the answer that I wasn't the first to mention the traffic when turning down jobs.
Mirabeau

Re: Galway Ring Road refused planning on Green grounds

Post by Mirabeau »

Nothing surprises when it's Galway City.
For all it's notions it's fiercely backwards.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

What I'm laughing at is how the Greens are saying "its great, we'll have more cycle lanes". Yet, was it last summer they put one in Salthill and it was ripped out due to people's outrage. People in Galway lost their minds at ONE cycle lane........
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

A lot of times over the years in Galway City, with anything public - they eff it up.
The Eyre Sq debacle, Shop street surface, the bypass, crypto infections, the sewage smell of the place.