Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Think our crowd are daft?

Renewable energies, sustainability, recycling and everything in between
Hairy-Joe

Think our crowd are daft?

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I knocked across this and I was thinking our crowd of Greens are not too bad by comparison. The UK are looking at car free days to reduce emissions.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/cons ... -emissions

A car free Sunday in large towns. Can you imagine the backlash if that was proposed by Ryan and the Greens?
Mirabeau

Re: Think our crowd are daft?

Post by Mirabeau »

There would be no real backlash here.
We'd all have a moan and swear big toughman oaths; only to go along with what we're told as usual.
peasant
Verified Username

Post by peasant »

The 1973 oil crisis says hello - car free Sunday

I always wanted one of those bikes ...

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

peasant wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:06 pm Image

The 1973 oil crisis says hello - car free Sunday

I always wanted one of those bikes ...

No one makes comfortable bikes anymore, except maybe the Dutch. They’re all built for speed.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Has that other prick Keegan finally got his way over Strand Road in Sandymount? I passed the other day and noticed it is closed from Merrion Gates. Good move to divert even more traffic onto a one lane Merrion Road and then facilitate a right turn onto an already congested Sandymount Avenue, which will block that one lane. Strand Road has plenty of room to facilitate a cycle lane inside the wall on the seaward side. The sooner we get rid of these unaccountable County and City Managers, who have way too much power, the better.