Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

A collection of collectables

Discuss antiques and other collectables
CelticRambler
Verified Username

A collection of collectables

Post by CelticRambler »

Perhaps this isn't quite the right place for these videos, but I thought anyone perusing this forum would be more likely to find interest in it than the "After Hours" crowd! :mrgreen:

A bit of background: the two videos (there's a third one coming next weekend) are on the YT channel of an English woman who bought a château about 50km from where I live at about the same time as I bought my house in France. Never met her (that I know of), and only discovered her by accident when sheer boredom got the better of me while I had access to a TV last year and she popped up on a French B&B reality TV show competition thing. Most of her videos are tediously formulaic at this stage, but I keep up with the channel because I have an idea for a mutually beneficial collaboration at some point in the future.

These two videos are out of the ordinary, because they don't concern her château, but another one - about 70km from where I live - to which I do have a connection: it was the location of the music, dance and instrument-makers' festival for which I'm now one of the managers, until the guy in the video bought it and forced the festival to move to another site. Not mentioned in the video is the fact that the festival was based on a novel about some musicians and their shenanigans in and around the castle, and I'm not sure either Ivo or Stephanie have read the book, because a key scene in the novel takes place in the labyrinthine passages that were (re)discovered by Ivo during the renovation works.

Anyhow, yer man has "history" himself and seems to have successfully warded off the many evil eyes that were cast upon him by disgruntled festival fans (and channelled all that negative energy into his own novel!) And his collection of "stuff" is certainly a level or two above my barnful of curiosities! :mrgreen:

Part one :

(sound is pretty ropey in places, but gets better when the move to a different room)

Part two :