Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Renewing insurance - how much and who with?

Four wheels good

Renewing insurance - how much and who with?

Post by 490808 »

Just got my AXA renewal. Its more than 5 weeks before it needs renewing. They seem to post out the renewals earlier every year?

Any they sensibly state that last years insurance was €450 and this years is €420.

Thats fully comp on an ancient driver with wife (also ancient) as named driver. Car is a 2010 1.4 Petrol Ford Focus (has to be the slowest car on the road if you've never driven one believe me!). Extras are protected NCD, Comprehensive DOC (Drive other Cars), replacement keys, legal, glass and a tow if I breakdown.

I'll give it a few days to let the price sink in and probably go for it not sure I'll get much cheaper unless you know better (Third Party Fire and Theft was €418 - on the same quote :o )?
Hairy-Joe

Re: Renewing insurance - how much and who with?

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I can't recall who I'm insured with. I change every year. I generally start phoning insurance company for prices and go with whoever is cheaper. I always go for one of the big insurance companies as I remember years ago one insurance company going broke and policies being cancelled, (Satanta I think). I think I'm Allianz?

No offense but for the insurer, that car isn't worth much so that's why there's a small premium for comprehensive.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

The Continental Op wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:57 pm Just got my AXA renewal. Its more than 5 weeks before it needs renewing. They seem to post out the renewals earlier every year?
They have to give you your renewal quote at least 30 days before renewal so I'd say they're still cutting it fine.

I changed this year for the first time in years. Put all the details into Chill.ie and got a quote for around €400 with Alliance. It's down considerably on what I was paying Zurich.
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Do you honestly ring about looking for quotes, I'm with a broker 15 years. I've tested him in the past and can't get any cheaper than him so he entitled to his few quid off me every year to avoid the hassle. If I change car or do a transfer I just ring him and he sorts of with the insurance company. There has been different companies, Allianz, AXA, not sure who I'm with at the moment
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Yes I do ring. I also use the company's websites for quotes as well. I find brokers can be very hit and miss (mainly hit though).

I find two to three hours is all it takes.
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:37 pm Yes I do ring. I also use the company's websites for quotes as well. I find brokers can be very hit and miss (mainly hit though).

I find two to three hours is all it takes.
2-3 hours I could be working and earning much more than you save, life is too short for that shit :lol:
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

Im fuckingusless at haggling so I dont even bother to ring around , to be fair there is only a few places that insure motorbikes. I havent a clue what Im paying this year I just signed the direct debit agreement and sent it back. Well I was no help to OP