Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Proof that people can't drive in Ireland

Four wheels good
Hairy-Joe

Proof that people can't drive in Ireland

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Just reading this and it dawned on me. It's proof people can't drive or control the car

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/dubl ... -stalling/

It seems people are incapable of controlling their speeds at low speeds. Sometimes I wish people would actually think before displaying to all that they are stupid
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Proof that people can't drive in Ireland

Post by CelticRambler »

:shock: Jeeez, that poor untrained motorist had better never travel to continental Europe, where 30 or even 20 km/h often applies to the whole town, not just a few roads through a park. :roll:

Any idea what make and model of cars these are that are "not designed" to drive as such slow speeds? Do they include a warning in the driver's manual that they're not suitable for shopping centre car parks either? FFS :roll: :roll:
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Ya I know. My yoke will do 8kph at idle in first gear and 15kph at idle in second gear. And the car happily moved along at both speeds. I imagine most cars would be the same

As I said, people can't drive and just proved it!
Frank

Post by Frank »

Aren't most cars automatics now anyway? So drivers shouldn't even need to think past the needle showing the speed.

Post by 765489 »

Everybody should be made drive a pre 1993 tractor for 3 miles in reverse, in low gear, inbetween two narrow white lines as part of their test. If you loose concentration and put the wheel over the white line, you start again.

I used to have a lot of drivers reversing up my driveway as it was tight to turn when you get up to the house when there is already a number of cars parked. On a couple of occasions I've had to reverse the car up for them to save my small trees being run over !
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:46 pm It seems people are incapable of controlling their speeds at low speeds. Sometimes I wish people would actually think before displaying to all that they are stupid
Let's not be too harsh on these lads now! I mean when you've removed the DPF and doubled the turbo boost on your 17 y/o Donegal reg Audi A4 and you have it running on reclaimed oil from local garages and chip shops, the handling can be a bit unpredictable.