Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

NCT query

Four wheels good
schmittel
Verified Username

NCT query

Post by schmittel »

Does anybody know if a car fails a retest, does it have to go back for a full test, or can it come back for a visual?
isha
Verified Username

Re: NCT query

Post by isha »

I THINK you can still come in under the initial test IF all retests are within the 30 day period of the first test date.
But someone could say different and be correct!
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Pretty sure Isha is right. I think you can have as many retests as you like within the 30 day period.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Tried this morning for a test date for my Clio that is out 10th October. Best date I can get today is for Mid February 2023 :shock:

Back to sitting at the pc in the early hours of the morning for a cancellation. :D
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

kadman wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:45 am Tried this morning for a test date for my Clio that is out 10th October. Best date I can get today is for Mid February 2023 :shock:

Back to sitting at the pc in the early hours of the morning for a cancellation. :D
Check back daily until you get one that suits, it changes daily
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Kept an eye on the site all day. Got a cancellation for 11.00am tomorrow. Luck enough I decided to power wash it this morning, and checked the lights and all the fluids. So good to go ;)
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I got a date of mid Feb when I booked a few weeks ago. I accepted it thinking I'd get nothing better.

I couldn't be arsed sweating about trying to get a cancellation, up all night trying to get a slot when "they" release them. I printed the booking, fired it into the car and I was driving on.

Then fortune favoured and I cancelled the booking as I've the car sold!
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Fortune favoured me too.
After all my fussing about whether I'd get another retest, the car passed much to my surprise!
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Took the clio on for the nct this morning. Flew through the test, which I knew it would. Happy days. :D