Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

NCT now includes OBD testing?!

Four wheels good
Hairy-Joe

Re: NCT now includes OBD testing?!

Post by Hairy-Joe »

On the back of this, I started to look up various OBD readers and got quare confused by all of them. They ranged in price from a couple of euro to hundreds of euro.

Does anyone have a recommendation or three for half decent readers and can do a bit more than just read off a number. It will be used in VAG and Fiat's, all newer than '14.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its a quagmire alright. There are half decent readers out there, but it all depends on your budget. If you want more than just reading and erasing, then you are probably going into treble figures for sure.

I drive a fiat Doblo, so Multiecuscan does the business for me. The fiat equipment for say ABS is bosch, so I imagine it will do for VW as well.

Check out their site, and you can check the forum to see what it offers.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Thanks Kadman. Had a look and it looks like I have to do more digging. I'm wondering if that Multiecuscan software will work with the VCDS® HEX-V2 cable. Will I get away with getting the VCDS® HEX-V2 (as that allows VDCS software for VAG) and use the Multiecuscan for Fiat?

Then again, I must look at what would be nice to have against what I'll actually use it for. Will I be doing the actual repair or just checking before I ring the garage for them to repair?
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »