Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

CIE's new multi-million railway carriage order

All things commuting + bus and rail enthusiasts
Del.Monte
Verified Username

CIE's new multi-million railway carriage order

Post by Del.Monte »

Listening to Barry Kenny on Lunchtime Live's "Ask the Expert" (if ever there was a misnomer in BK's case) one would have to despair as he described how the new generation of carriages would be more of the same not-fit-for-purpose rubbish that the 22000 series Inter-City railcars are: very limited bicycle capacity, no space for parcels or luggage, no selective door opening etc. Real forward planning there!

He ridiculed the far superior Mark IV stock on the Dublin/Cork service with their 'old' vans and obviously feels the same about the far superior stock used on the Enterprise service. So, once again we are to have CIE designed rubbish inflicted upon us with no public consultation and vast sums of money squandered on it. Next time you pass your local station take a look; in most cases they look much the same as they have for generations with possibly the addition of yellow lines and lifts - the thing that has changed is that they are now used for virtual nothing except a few bus loads of passengers a few times a day. The railway - under CIE control - has become utterly irrelevant to the bulk of the population for both passengers and freight.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Re: CIE's new multi-million railway carriage order

Post by kadman »

You forgot to mention the most important announcement ...............................The longest greenway in the country.
Fill me in, where is that going I will have to get into training for that

Re: CIE's new multi-million railway carriage order

Post by 95438756 »

kadman wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:10 pm You forgot to mention the most important announcement ...............................The longest greenway in the country.
Fill me in, where is that going I will have to get into training for that
The tralee fenit greenway is the latest engineering feat being dealt with.
And then claremorris to collooney is the next project. Serious shit.