Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

DART chaos at Bray Sunday 24th July

All things commuting + bus and rail enthusiasts

DART chaos at Bray Sunday 24th July

Post by 95438756 »

Passengers stuck in carriages on DART because some forced their way out and went on to the tracks.
Glad I didn't go to Bray Airshow. I would have used Dublin bus and not Go ahead even though the go ahead 75 to dunleary bus just outside my door.A lot of cancellations too in the flight program
Not high on RTE news, who are more interested in other things.
quodec

Re: DART chaos at Bray Sunday 24th July

Post by quodec »

Getting from A to B in Ireland or out of Ireland is proving to be problematic this year!!!

Post by 95438756 »

Bus Eireann today cancelled a raft of services in Connaught and some in Wexford.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Another CIE shambles - how out of character for this wonderful organisation.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:40 am Another CIE shambles - how out of character for this wonderful organisation.
I know, how out of character! After all, they are so used to getting people to where they want to go on time, every time....

Post by 765489 »

Bet this will be on Joe Duffy today. Its got all required elements for a full Liveline show. Some of the photos online reminded me if the Walking Dead. Zombies on the tracks, people trapped in carriages slowly suffocating waiting for help to arrive and all that good stuff. 😀

I can see a good Irish movie in this, "Fatal Deviation II - The Train from Hell"
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The trouble is that this sort of crap from Irish Rail is fact not fiction. Expect plenty more of the same with the hundreds of new carriages designed by engineers with zero input from the travelling public. How is it that for decades we had air conditioned rolling stock with opening windows and in the case of the DART, the original, quality, German stock supplied for the opening of the system came with opening windows.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:01 pm The trouble is that this sort of crap from Irish Rail is fact not fiction. Expect plenty more of the same with the hundreds of new carriages designed by engineers with zero input from the travelling public. How is it that for decades we had air conditioned rolling stock with opening windows and in the case of the DART, the original, quality, German stock supplied for the opening of the system came with opening windows.
I was on the Luas last week and there was definitely no aircon apart from the open windows. Like the driver had it switched off or forgot to switch it on. Was in a pool of sweat getting off it and was only two stops.
Last edited by 765489 on Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 95438756 »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:20 am Bet this will be on Joe Duffy today. Its got all required elements for a full Liveline show.
Pure GOLD potential. Will Irish rail PR guy come on? Many many angry passenger callers. Railway Inspection officer Duffy at your service

Post by 765489 »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:20 pm Pure GOLD potential. Will Irish rail PR guy come on? Many many angry passenger callers. Railway Inspection officer Duffy at your service
Might keep RTE Radio 1 on today :mrgreen:
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:33 pm Might keep RTE Radio 1 on today :mrgreen:
Are you not worried how bad it will make you feel? Joe will probably be more interested in why the Bray Air Fair was a total damp squib with all the main actors unable to take part after all the hype.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:42 pm Are you not worried how bad it will make you feel? Joe will probably be more interested in why the Bray Air Fair was a total damp squib with all the main actors unable to take part after all the hype.
He announced his show there a few minutes ago and its the top of his topics today. Thinking about it now, I'll probably switch over 5 minutes into the show :D

Post by 95438756 »

Anyway Irish Rail successfully wheeled out Mudguard Kenny.
That's their main mission accomplished for the Summer Season.
The Bank Holiday is just around the corner but hey Joe public knows that in the Bank Holiday game, TFI, Irish Rail can do whatever they like, never mind air conditioning.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

TFI is just another layer of bureaucracy to distant the politicians from having to take responsibility for anything. They have let the fools in Irish Rail order hundreds of millions of Euros worth of more sub-standard rolling stock without a question asked but of course most of our elite don't use public transport as there's no mileage allowance. I wonder how much Ann Graham is on or Barry Kenny for that matter.... I see in her case it was a modest €187,000 in 2020....worth every cent of it. https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-con ... .06.21.pdf
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Just thinking, I've a solution to fix public transport. Allow TD free public transport for their Dail business but don't give them travel expenses. Force them onto public transport (to reduce carbon emissions).

Imagine who quickly it would be fixed then...

And yes the seed was planted by another comment I saw somewhere