Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

What particular Airliner prop or jet do you despise flying in

All things commuting + bus and rail enthusiasts

What particular Airliner prop or jet do you despise flying in

Post by 95438756 »

For me it is the MD 80 series or Boing 717. Low ceiling and cramped feel.
Even the bae 146 is far comfier.
Noisey engines don't matter.
Never travelled in a shorts 339 but would probably hate it.

Re: What particular Airliner prop or jet do you despise flying in

Post by 678904673 »

Pretty much all of them. I've a deep seated fear of flying so anytime i've had to board a airplane I've been full to the brim with drink and xanax
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

As all my worse flights have been in them.
Auckland to LA - stuck for 2 hours at gate before boarding and were not let back through security so feck all to eat (sweet machine), do and limited jacks for all the people on a 747.
Then stuck right in middle of plane and I fell asleep on some burly Welsh rugby type player who wasn't impressed.

Then San Fran flight to Heathrow spending part of night throwing up over Canada as recovering from food poisoning a couple of days earlier.

So 747 to mean very long flights, inconvenience and tiredness.
Great to look at, but shyte to fly in.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

I pretty much always opt for the Airbus A320 over the Boeing 737 200/800/Max etc. There's a crucial extra bit of width to the Airbus seat and cabin that makes a difference when you've got the shoulders of prop forward.

Agree with the BAE146 over the MD80 - loved those yokes even when you could smell the Kerosene fumes in the back!

Hate most of the Boeing long range jets as they always seem to be selected by airlines that max out the seats - I absolutely hate the 777 with 10 seats across😠