Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Irish Rail / Northern Rail should market their First Class like airlines economy premium

All things commuting + bus and rail enthusiasts

Irish Rail / Northern Rail should market their First Class like airlines economy premium

Post by 95438756 »

Because that is all "First Class" or Premiere class can hope to imitate.
At least in economy premium on an airline, the attendants will be slightly more human to you. Just slightly.
And to be completely fair I was given a nice chocolate sweet on my last first class journey on northern rail all these years ago.

Or else, in the mindset of one current Irish Rail train driver, do away with first class on northern and Irish Rail services altogether
DeletedUser

Re: Irish Rail / Northern Rail should market their First Class like airlines economy premium

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:46 pm Because that is all "First Class" or Premiere class can hope to imitate.
At least in economy premium on an airline, the attendants will be slightly more human to you. Just slightly.
And to be completely fair I was given a nice chocolate sweet on my last first class journey on northern rail all these years ago.

Or else, in the mindset of one current Irish Rail train driver, do away with first class on northern and Irish Rail services altogether
The train I get occasionally has the rear carriage designated as first class (tho no different from rest of train. The train host treats it like a VIP entrance, insane.

Once after surgery I got in first class on the Cork train from Dublin - worth the extra cost for the comfort but no others.

I’m using the Dublin to Newry service next year and will go first class as I hear it’s excellent.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Re: Irish Rail / Northern Rail should market their First Class like airlines economy premium

Post by 95438756 »

The other excuse for retaining first class is having attendants who would staff it for the experience they can put in their CV for when graduating to positions in 5* Hotels here, like Drumoland castle. Or if they "side move" to healthcare.

Post by 678904673 »

As I'm thoroughly first class, it doesn't matter what section I sit in:)