Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Thuggery on the Luas Red Line - who would have thought it...

All things commuting + bus and rail enthusiasts
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Thuggery on the Luas Red Line - who would have thought it...

Post by Del.Monte »

Listening to Lavhline today and it's the same old story of thuggery and an eighty year old man being hit in the face with a phone charger on the Red Luas line. . Luas security took his address and left him to continue his journey with no offer of assistance. Luas know nothing, Gardai didn't think it was worth following it up and Minister Eamonn Ryan continues to collect his ridiculous salary along with the awful Minister for Justice. :roll: :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Re: Thuggery on the Luas Red Line - who would have thought it...

Post by Berties_Horse »

Where's Helen McEntee's latest staged walk down O'Connell St, with a half-dozen guards surrounding her for "protection". More concerned with identity politics & feelings than rampant criminality. Another brainless product of nepotism, no wonder scobes are running amok with a soft-touch minister at the helm.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Time was when Fine Gael was the party of law & order.....
'no more blah blah blah'
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

As regular but reluctant user of the Red Line I can confirm that it's a shit show.

My son was assaulted at Drimnagh luas station, my friend had her phone snatched, and I've personally had to fend off an admittedly weak attack by a heroin user. I hear other stories daily of the joys of riding the red line. My missus has been offered stolen bicycles and camera equipment by junkies around Fourcourts/Smithfield. She also uses it reluctantly, but never after 8pm, and only because Dublin bus services to D8 are so dreadful after about 7pm.

The broad spectrum of FF/FG voters aren't as exposed to the decline in standards and general thuggery in large parts of the city. They don't give a sh1t because they aren't being mugged. In a way I was delighted at the scumbaggery outside the Dail last week because it might wake the fvckers up...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Just used the Red Line an hour or so ago and when asked by one of our medicated friends “wot you fcking looking at ??” - a fellow traveler replied “I’ve not a fcking clue boy but I’m probably paying for everything!”

My hero!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Since the Luas security staff are clearly not up to it, why don't the Gardai put undercover officers on the trams - after all the wretched things pass the front door of one of the biggest Garda stations in the country at Store Street. The WW.I. phrase 'Lions led by Donkeys' comes to mind when referring to the Gardai and their bosses.
'no more blah blah blah'
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Cyclepath wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:54 pm As regular but reluctant user of the Red Line I can confirm that it's a shit show.

My son was assaulted at Drimnagh luas station, my friend had her phone snatched, and I've personally had to fend off an admittedly weak attack by a heroin user. I hear other stories daily of the joys of riding the red line. My missus has been offered stolen bicycles and camera equipment by junkies around Fourcourts/Smithfield. She also uses it reluctantly, but never after 8pm, and only because Dublin bus services to D8 are so dreadful after about 7pm.

The broad spectrum of FF/FG voters aren't as exposed to the decline in standards and general thuggery in large parts of the city. They don't give a sh1t because they aren't being mugged. In a way I was delighted at the scumbaggery outside the Dail last week because it might wake the fvckers up...
I take issue with your last comment.
As a lifelong FG voter they will not get the steam off my ... well you know the phrase ... at the next election.

So much for Leo, the two faced streak of p*** that he is, and his caring about those that get up early in the morning.

Pat Kenny actually made reference to that phrase this morning in interview with Flanagan, yet another departing FGer that slides off into the sunset with lovely
ministerial pension and wants gratitude for all his parry has done over the years.

Should we offer him gratitude for a country totally under policed, a country without enough school places, a country where kids now have no school buses, a country awash with backwards single men from the biggest sh**holes in the world, a country where workers can no longer afford somewhere to rent nevermind ever have hope of buying a home?

I was also delighted in our so called elected representatives getting hassel and being honest I hope it only gets worse for them.
Why should they live insulated lives from the sh**show they have helped create and the one they gladly preside over.
And that goes for almost every single politician in this country.
I used to hate when people said they are all the same, but I have finally come to agree.
Not one of them has shouted stop to the madness, the excess, the lunacy.

For the last decade or so they have gotten exceedingly worse, ignoring the real lives and concerns of the vast majority of people in this state.
They are more concerned with twitter likes, fawning articles from our so called press nad appearing right on to the overpaid shytes in the likes of Montrose.