Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

How come Aer Lingus isn't on the list?

All things commuting + bus and rail enthusiasts
CelticRambler
Verified Username

How come Aer Lingus isn't on the list?

Post by CelticRambler »

Spotted this the other day and observed that although two IAG companies have signed the pledge, along with Ryanair, there's no mention of Aer Lingus agreeing to give people back their money in a timely manner. Is that because they're already treating people with courtesy and respect? :P

Airlines agree to quickly refund canceled flights
Several airline companies agreed on Wednesday to reimburse passengers in Europe for canceled flights within seven days, the European Commission said.

The announcement follows talks between the Commission, national consumer protection authorities, and 16 major airline carriers.

The airlines involved in the talks with the EU Commission included Aegean Airlines, Air France, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Easyjet, Eurowings, Iberia, KLM, Lufthansa, Norwegian, Ryanair, TAP, Vueling and Wizz Air.
Osciiboscii

Re: How come Aer Lingus isn't on the list?

Post by Osciiboscii »

CelticRambler wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:22 am Spotted this the other day and observed that although two IAG companies have signed the pledge, along with Ryanair, there's no mention of Aer Lingus agreeing to give people back their money in a timely manner. Is that because they're already treating people with courtesy and respect? :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I requested a refund voucher last February from Aer Lingus- still waiting, and can't progress my plans for next year
dawg

Re: How come Aer Lingus isn't on the list?

Post by dawg »

CelticRambler wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:22 am Spotted this the other day and observed that although two IAG companies have signed the pledge, along with Ryanair, there's no mention of Aer Lingus agreeing to give people back their money in a timely manner. Is that because they're already treating people with courtesy and respect? :P

Nope, no sign of that :cry:

Aer Lingus management have managed to get the company so that staff and might-be-customers are totally P'ed off with them

A couple of posts from pprune ( an aviation discussion site )

https://www.pprune.org/11119088-post23.html

https://www.pprune.org/11119451-post25.html

My own experiences of their love of last minute changes and cancellations means I now view them as the carrier of last resort.

The issue of inflight food and drink not being stocked properly ( i.e. just about nothing available to buy inflight ) has been going on for many months now. It seems they cant even resolve that !