Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Nature Videos

Out and about in nature
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Nature Videos

Post by Del.Monte »

Another link sent by a friend - wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. These scarce winter migrants only occur in Ireland when conditions are very harsh on the continent and are usually associated with stripping trees such as Mountain Ash of their berries but hand feeding - just wow! I haven't seen a Waxwing since the late 1960s... :(

'no more blah blah blah'

Re: Nature Videos

Post by 765489 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:41 am Another link sent by a friend - wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. These scarce winter migrants only occur in Ireland when conditions are very harsh on the continent and are usually associated with stripping trees such as Mountain Ash of their berries but hand feeding - just wow! I haven't seen a Waxwing since the late 1960s... :(

Beautiful birds. I had a couple of them, must be 15 years ago, on an Ash tree outside the front of the house.

Post by 765489 »

Very bad video taken this morning of two Peregrine falcons. If you listen carefully you'll hear their racket. 😀

Of you tap on the three dots in the video you can make it full screen.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Are you sure you didn't mean to post in this thread? viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1592

Just kidding, it's better than my non existent Peregrine video. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:58 am Are you sure you didn't mean to post in this thread? viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1592

Just kidding, it's better than my non existent Peregrine video. :mrgreen:
Killer falcons take over planet earth. I'll try and get a better one when I'm down in the yard again later.