Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

National Taxidermy Championship, Laragh, Co.Wicklow

Out and about in nature
Del.Monte
Verified Username

National Taxidermy Championship, Laragh, Co.Wicklow

Post by Del.Monte »

Not every nature lover's cup of tea but where would our Natural History Museum be today without the art of the taxidermist. I had a couple of friends at school who were very good at it but despite liking the finished product I was too squeamish to try my hand. Anyway, I digress and here's some more information:

The Taxidermy Association of Ireland are holding their 3rd Taxidermy Championships at Lynham’s Hotel, Ballard, Laragh, Co.Wicklow
from Friday 30th September till Sunday 2nd October 2022.

Entry to the championships are open to TAI members only, and a day pass is €60 to attend. Not a member and want to join us - log onto our website and apply for membership and join us for the weekend. We will be opening the display area of taxidermy mounts for public viewing on Saturday from 4pm till 6pm. €5.00 for Adults and €3.00 for under 18’s. Further information available at http://www.taxidermyassociationireland.com/

'no more blah blah blah'

Re: National Taxidermy Championship, Laragh, Co.Wicklow

Post by 765489 »

I know two lads that live locally that do or done this work. One does fish, trout being his specialty, and does backgrounds too. The other fella does animals and birds. Not sure if they are still at it but used to be amazed at their finished product.

If I had the time I'd be interested in going along to that.