Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

🐭🐭🐭👀

Out and about in nature
KHD

Re: 🐭🐭🐭👀

Post by KHD »

isha wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:12 pm Christ, I'm going to have bad dreams 🥺
We have a couple of foxes that come around every night, since they arrived on the scene I've had very little rat problems. Someone told me they take up to twenty rats per night.

As for your mouse problem, set the traps and check them every couple of hours. I use peanut butter on the ones in the sheds and carefully set it that it will go off with the slightest pressure. A friend of mine has a business and has the back room covered in all sorts of traps and electronic high pitch sound emitters but because he doesn't really make a proper effort the mice are still there and the traps are lying all over the shop. If he only put his efforts into one or two traps rather than saturating the place every so often and forgetting about them.
KHD

Post by KHD »

isha wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:12 pm Christ, I'm going to have bad dreams 🥺
Anyway time for me to hit the scratcher. I enjoyed this thread you created Isha. Sweet dreams bosco. :mrgreen:

Watch out for Spidermouse.
Spidermouse.jpg
KHD

Post by KHD »

Well in Karma news, after making fun of Isha with her rodent problem yesterday evening, just to report I had a horrible nightmare last night about a large auburn killer bull that jumped twenty feet in the air over the boundary of my hedge and proceeded to chase me with the intention of killing me on board a large ship.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

KHD wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:24 pmI use peanut butter on the ones in the sheds and carefully set it that it will go off with the slightest pressure.
We have a tiny species of mouse for which I have to do similar - grease the pin so that it slides easily against the neck-breaker, and set it so that it's barely hanging on. Occasionally, if I've managed to get it really finely balanced and put it on the cold part of the kitchen floor (one of the favourite runs) it'll spring on its own late in the night/early morning when the pin shrinks a bit with the cold!
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:04 pm Rats are dangerous when cornered and I had the pleasant experience of killing one with a shovel in a bathroom in my last house.
I absolutely despise mice and rats.

Worked in a grain yard one summer and had to deal with occasional rats. Killed a few with a shovel.

Having them in a house would be a nightmare but thankfully, we always had cats who kept them out. Our current cat used to bring home the odd dead rat but stopped when she saw we didn't appreciate it.