Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Newstalk - have your say!

The wireless
marhay70

Re: Newstalk - have your say!

Post by marhay70 »

jmayo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:00 pm Ah yes holly Cairns whose experience in life is working for charities and selling seeds.
And the only reason she is leader of the party is no one else wanted the job.

She is a wokey who probably should have joined the other cabbage heads like her mammy.

And just because she is bitching about the rural independents about them dog whistling means they must be doing something right.
Only thing questionable is how Healy-Raes are talking about controlling inwards immigration whilst making a fortune from refugees.
And her colleague, Jennifer Whitmore, offering a pairing arrangement to the gobshite Ryan in the Mc Entee confidence vote. While I can see that the arrangement would have made no difference to the result, it would have shown the hypocrisy of Ryan, if he was to burn all those air miles flying back from Dubai and then, presumably, fly back, just to keep an incompetent in her job. In my view, the duty of the opposition is to oppose the Government, not accommodate it.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I'm so blonde, I'm so blonde....a life coach (whatever that is) on with Andrea a few minutes says that young people are drinking a lot less. Why would they as they off their faces on coke and other drugs - or am I the only one who gets this vibe from young people? :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

They have Ivan "don't pay me debts" Yates standing in for Kenny this week.
He had discussion on about politics ahead and who will get next EU commissioner gig, who will be next government, how well Mehole is doing, etc.
And very little discussion on it about immigration, without doubt the biggest topic for many people throughout the country.
Are these people living in cloud cuckoo land?

Also notice some very irate people, including some noticable government party hacks without doubt, on some other discussion sites all bitching about Gript Media.
It seems the powers that be don't like some of the questions being fired at them by the likes of Gript, so they are doing their best to discredit it.
Our mainstream media is now a total mouthpiece, at least in the past there was a pretence of some sort of impartiality, but that is long since gone.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

jmayo wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:10 pm They have Ivan "don't pay me debts" Yates standing in for Kenny this week.
He had discussion on about politics ahead and who will get next EU commissioner gig, who will be next government, how well Mehole is doing, etc.
And very little discussion on it about immigration, without doubt the biggest topic for many people throughout the country.
Are these people living in cloud cuckoo land?

Also notice some very irate people, including some noticable government party hacks without doubt, on some other discussion sites all bitching about Gript Media.
It seems the powers that be don't like some of the questions being fired at them by the likes of Gript, so they are doing their best to discredit it.
Our mainstream media is now a total mouthpiece, at least in the past there was a pretence of some sort of impartiality, but that is long since gone.
Ah, good oul' Ivan "I'll move to the UK and declare myself bankrupt so I can keep me Ministerial pension" Yates. Sure why wouldn't we ordinary mortals sit in devoted rapture at the feet of such as this?
This is the sort of shyte the taxpayer has been putting up with since the formation of the state since most had neither the wit nor the means to challenge it.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Managed to wean myself off Newstalk for a few days but foolishly listened in to "The Coleman & Kelly Laugh In" this morning. The story about the 18 Rosslare refugees that have already disappeared from the reception centre in Dublin mentioned in the headlines has got lost amongst more important topics such as family photographs and, best sports manager ever, "do we need to bin the term openly gay"?, Pranks we used to play at school; .....And you wonder why many people believe in conspiracy theories. :roll: :roll: :roll:

8.40 Have you ever told a white lie?

8.44 Discussion about where to go during the February bank holiday.

8.51 How TikTok has boosted bookshops...

8.56 and - guess what - no time for the missing refugee story...............................
'no more blah blah blah'
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Now are you sure they were refugees.
They could be asylum seekers?
They could be those seeking international protection?
They could be doctors, nurses and engineers that don't like air travel?
Either way they could be Irish citizens in a couple of years.

And Newstalk would be telling us how great it was.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

As everyone knows, Mid Co Wicklow is where radio signals go to die and it is there that I found myself yesterday, when I could pick up nothing but Newstalk. Actually, I was treated to a lively debate on how delays in the grant of probate are affecting the housing market, with houses going Sale Agreed and then the purchase not completed because of delays in probate. It could have been so much better but for the presence of Andrea Gilligan, whose single functioning brain cell is unable to cope with anything too serious. Full marks to the rest of the participants though, who managed to highlight yet another non performing area of our dysfunctional Civil Service.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Kieran Cuddihy putting in a strong performance this evening to be come the most woke/pc gobshite in broadcasting as he seeks to rubbish all the 'myths' about immigration put out there by the 'far right' and, yes, Ireland is full in my opinion.

It's all very well for smug over paid broadcasters and their fellow travelers to promote uncontrolled immigration but you can be damn sure if it was thousands of highly educated people coming into to do their jobs for half their salaries they wouldn't be so smug or complacent. Must find out where to get some anti-far right pills........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:46 am This morning Ciara and Shane returned to the gift that keeps on giving - the mangling of the English language - and they should know as they are both major contributors. Ciara also gave us the benefit of her extensive knowledge of Irish agriculture with a comparison of our national cattle herd with wildebeest grazing majestically on the African plains....comedy gold. I'm starting to enjoy 'Newstalk Breakfast' more these days as I've come to understand that it's a parody news show. :mrgreen:
The gift that keeps on giving as the topic was aired for the umteenth time this morning by two of the worst offenders on Noostalk. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ciara just said "mispronunciate " - I kid you not. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

My new favourite "word" I love to hate is snuck, another creation of those barbarians across the Atlantic, I'm sure. It has, however, slipped into common usage across the Anglophone world and I've even heard it, perish the thought, on the Beeb.
I'm surprised my generation ever managed to communicate.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Newstalk's Ciara Kelly and Shane Coleman are in full reverse mode these days - the arson attacks etc are the work of disgruntled locals not the 'far right'....this after months and months of blaming the 'far right' for all agitation. What a pair of muppets - nothing new there. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:38 am Newstalk's Ciara Kelly and Shane Coleman are in full reverse mode these days - the arson attacks etc are the work of disgruntled locals not the 'far right'....this after months and months of blaming the 'far right' for all agitation. What a pair of muppets - nothing new there. :mrgreen:
You just can't help yourself.

Sorry but you're the bigger muppet, you keep listening to them.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The Coleman & Kelly "Laugh In" continue to flog the Irish language this morning - Ciara who admits she can't speak Irish and Coleman who thinks he is some sort of Gaeilgeoir messiah and sends his kids to a Gaelscoil. They both think the country is on a tipping point with Irish now seen as sexy by young people Lol. :roll: Ciara has now taken on Coleman's nonsense idea that all primary schools will become Gaelscoils....
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:15 am The Coleman & Kelly "Laugh In" continue to flog the Irish language this morning - Ciara who admits she can't speak Irish and Coleman who thinks he is some sort of Gaeilgeoir messiah and sends his kids to a Gaelscoil. They both think the country is on a tipping point with Irish now seen as sexy by young people Lol. :roll: Ciara has now taken on Coleman's nonsense idea that all primary schools will become Gaelscoils....
The original plan was to make all schools Gaelscoileanna and look where that got Irish. I've no problem with Irish, it's part of the heritage of all of us in this country, north and south Orange and Green but FFS, quit while you're ahead, Ireland is never going to be the spoken language in this country again, it just doesn't add up.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

What is it with the excruciating bubbly background music when delivering the news? More dumbing down of everything for snowflakes who can't absorb the news without background sh...e. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Had to laugh this morning when former BBC Royal Correspondent - Jenny "Windsor" Bond - was being interviewed by Shane Coleman regarding the Kensington Palace photo of the Princess of Wales - she said that "serious radio stations/broadcasters like herself and Newstalk can't be driven by social media conspiracy theories" .....Poor woman must have been confused to whom she was speaking and the Mickey Mouse broadcaster that he is employed by.

Meanwhile no space on Newstalk for the anarchy which is engulfing Haiti: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... nal-palace
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:50 am Had to laugh this morning when former BBC Royal Correspondent - Jenny "Windsor" Bond - was being interviewed by Shane Coleman regarding the Kensington Palace photo of the Princess of Wales - she said that "serious radio stations/broadcasters like herself and Newstalk can't be driven by social media conspiracy theories" .....Poor woman must have been confused to whom she was speaking and the Mickey Mouse broadcaster that he is employed by.

Meanwhile no space on Newstalk for the anarchy which is engulfing Haiti: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... nal-palace
I really can't understand the fascination the media have for the British Royals. I had great respect for the late Queen and the way she conducted herself over many years but the current lot, not so much.
OK, as regards Princess Kate, she's a lovely girl, seems like a genuinely nice person and nobody likes to see a young mother potentially separated from her children, but are there not women among our population equally deserving?
I'm not a Royalist, I'm a Republican, in the pure sense, not the rabid SF variety, and I believe the people should be Sovereign at all times. I don't accept that anybody should be entitled to a life of power and privilege simply on the basis of who their Daddy screwed, so this fawning fascination on the part of some of our media is a bit vomit inducing to me.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

In fairness Coleman is no Royalist but has the Irish inferiority/envy complex and loves to laugh at any perceived British difficulty - BREXIT, the Royal Family etc - while at the same time fawning over English soccer teams. Now that's vomit inducing!
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

And right on cue that odious creep Kieran Cuddihy couldn't leave the Kate Middleton story alone with his assertion this evening that the Irish people were hoping that it might lead to the collapse of the British monarchy. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Excruciating discussion on Ceylon for holidays between Cuddihy and Fionn Davenport tonight - Ceylon which the latter keeps referring to as "Sail on".... :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Anti-English, bar stool republican, triumphalist, little Irelander - call him what you wish but Shane Coleman is consistent. However, that didn't stop him having his ass handed to him this morning by veteran historian Ruth Dudley Edwards (79 years-old) this morning concerning a new nonsense research/survey. https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2024 ... rch-shows/
'no more blah blah blah'