Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Joe Duffy's Liveline: otherwise sometimes known as Deathline

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Joe Duffy's Liveline: otherwise sometimes known as Deathline

Post by Del.Monte »

A bar on a train - what century is Katie living in? Unless you travel Dublin/Cork or Dublin/Belfast there's been no buffet cars for 20+ years.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Now Barry Kenny's granny on defending the indefensible. A snooty, know-it-all cow to boot.
Last edited by Del.Monte on Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

She's not entitled but she's on the public airways moaning about it.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Lesson learned - don't take the feckin train - another own goal for moribund CIE.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Cue the appalling Ad for Irish Rail about leaving the car behind.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

She was threatened - Katie being really thick this afternoon - I'm putting it down to the heat.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Troll (?) on from the Irish Unionist party (based in Limerick) - Katie 'have you many members?' - yes, forty.....He seems to be using a voice changer and anyway is probably a Shinner Bot.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

May even be a weed inspired student piss take? https://tristanunionist.wixsite.com/website-1

More here: https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish- ... 65327.html

I may have to wind it back having read what he has apparently said about the Belfast Orange being 'a load of rabble rousers' and that Sir Edward Carson was a car bagging opportunist...my own long held view. I may even sign-up and start painting Enniscorthy kerbstones in preparation for the second coming of the Irish Unionist party. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

WIX website. heh. Favorite framework of the scam callers.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:01 pm May even be a weed inspired student piss take? https://tristanunionist.wixsite.com/website-1

More here: https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish- ... 65327.html

I may have to wind it back having read what he has apparently said about the Belfast Orange being 'a load of rabble rousers' and that Sir Edward Carson was a car bagging opportunist...my own long held view. I may even sign-up and start painting Enniscorthy kerbstones in preparation for the second coming of the Irish Unionist party. :mrgreen:
I was actually a passenger in a car today when Liveline came on, so something of a hostage and I heard the part about calling the band members scumbags and berating the Orange Order in general. I saw that video of the bin incident, and I don't know if there was some other incident before the start of the clip I saw, but my first thoughts were, what the fcuk did your man who threw the bin think was going to be the reaction? I think if somebody threw a bin full of rubbish at me, I might have taken a similar path. Wouldn't it have been simpler just to let the band pass, it would only have taken a few seconds, instead of that, he brought grief upon his neighbours and has ended up with a court appearance himself.
I know there'll be those who say, rubbing noses in it, invasion of privacy, croppy boy, etc etc. etc. I'm not arguing the rights and wrongs of Orange parades in areas where they are not wanted, but there are definitely times when discretion is the better part of valour

Post by 765489 »

The tweet that Isha posted in the weather thread about the state a beech in Sutton is being discussed today. Joe blaming the council for it all. I dunno, the litter on that beech was not near any bins from what I can see. So there wasn't even an attempt to bring it to a bin.. What does he want a bin every two foot ?

Post by 765489 »

Guy on now speaking about potato milk as a replacement for cows milk. This will be great for the environment according to the caller and the farmers can sit back as there is basically nothing involved in growing potatoes according to the caller. Alot of assumptions and "I don't know" comments from caller but since its reducing the number of ruminants it must be good and practical.

The potato fields are teaming with wildlife around here fair play to you caller great idea. The hares will love munching on potato stalks.

Post by 765489 »

Anyway I'm learned enough today from that useless excuse for radio broadcasting, time for some classical music so i can forget the last 40 minutes of my life.

F you Duffy.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Sounds like a missed a good show - might listen back.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I was listening to the segment about the person not being able to get insurance on their "camper". Ah it was terrible that the evil insurance companies couldn't see the benefit to the family, etc, etc.

I looked at the photos that Joe posted to Twitter and a two minute Google for terms and conditions and I could see the problem. It didn't meet the insurance companies definitions of a camper. One company has a guidance doc on their website stating black and white what they cover, and what they don't.

I fail to understand why people don't do basic reading to understand the problem before attempting to go nuclear by going on the radio
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The show is an utter mess today with all sorts of blatantly incorrect information being let go unchallenged - whether it's hundreds of passports being illegally taken at Longitude or Buzzards being 'introduced' from Wales... fool only thinking about clocking out at 2.59pm and no interest in getting factual information.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Plenty of buzzards where I am, they certainly had nothing to do with wiping out the hare population, that was done with dodgy characters with lurchers. I had a conversation last year with a fella from the local gun club. He was moaning that the buzzards are getting all the pheasants they released. If they bothered their hole giving a bit of thought about the release point location they'd have realised that releasing dumb as fck pheasants beside 60 acres of fields covered in plant protection mesh was not a good idea as most of them ended up trapped under it and the foxes had a field day. The overwintered and ones that got a bit of sense have alot of offspring this year and I never seen a buzzard go near them.

Buzzards are slow lazy birds.. the way your man was talking you'd think they be capable of taking a snipe on the wing.

Released pheasants will always suffer high mortality rates. But the gun club round here are lazy bastards who think they can just dump them all in a corn field and come back in November and they will all still be there.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Train-wreck of a show incoming with Train Driver Joe. You can be sure he got to Bray in the Jag.

Barry Kenny out of a job by 3pm - I doubt it as he's obviously somebody's lovechild.
Last edited by Del.Monte on Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Sounds like a right cock up by iarnrod eireann. Here's Barry.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:51 pm I was listening to the segment about the person not being able to get insurance on their "camper". Ah it was terrible that the evil insurance companies couldn't see the benefit to the family, etc, etc.

I looked at the photos that Joe posted to Twitter and a two minute Google for terms and conditions and I could see the problem. It didn't meet the insurance companies definitions of a camper. One company has a guidance doc on their website stating black and white what they cover, and what they don't.

I fail to understand why people don't do basic reading to understand the problem before attempting to go nuclear by going on the radio
Some lads want to throw a mattress , a sink and a gas bottle into their work van and call it a camper conversion, its laughable.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:55 pm Sounds like a right cock up by iarnrod eireann. Here's Barry.
A supreme bluffer.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Don't use that language - Lol!
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Guy arrives in a high vis to manually open the carriage doors, his key wouldn't work... feck sake

Post by 95438756 »

Railway inspector Duffy on Barry Kenny's tail.

Post by 765489 »

Could we not outsource iarnrod eireann to China and get some decent trains Joe ?