Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Joe Duffy's Liveline: otherwise sometimes known as Deathline

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Joe Duffy's Liveline: otherwise sometimes known as Deathline

Post by Del.Monte »

Duffy is a parody of himself these days, so anxious to be woke/pc or whatever it's called today that he can no longer use gender neutral words. In a piece on motorbike instructors today he referred to the driving instructor and then, quickly added, he or she, when the sensible word would have been they. What a total cretin. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I didn't hear it in I'd say a week. Oh what bliss....
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Joe's faux concern for the foster carers is nauseating. His loves hitching his wagon to whatever is trending and I'm glad that I didn't have much to eat at lunchtime.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:13 pm hitching his wagon to whatever is trending
Tubridy does the same in the morning
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I heard a bit today and he was giving out about something about people not being able to afford something. I thought it was a bit rich given his stupidly large salary.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:48 pm I heard a bit today and he was giving out about something about people not being able to afford something. I thought it was a bit rich given his stupidly large salary.
You're a terrible begrudger, it's only €450,000 per year with as much time off as he likes.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

TCD graduate, €450k per annum and still can't pronounce 'vehicle' properly. Possibly something to do with his fetish for the Gardai. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Joe Duffy was so predictable today ..songs, poems and other trite rubbish vaguely related to the weekend tragedy in Donegal. I imagine he is still raging that the explosion happened just after the show ended on Friday but no doubt he is working on a buke about it. I borrowed this image from Planks.ie and it could be applied to all the mainstream media and their carry-on. What about just leaving the people of Creeslough a bit of space? No doubt Henry McKean from Newstalk will soon be sent there to do one of his incisive vox pops. :roll:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I was too busy to post during the show today but it was what Lavhline aficionados refer to as 'pure gold '. Duffy considers himself a very cultured man in the mould of C.J.Haughey and there are few art galleries that he has not visited and, of course, he's also a certain type of artist himself; thus it was that he waded into the London Van Gogh story. The result was a very heated discussion where our host talked over many of the callers but was firmly put in his place by one old dear who accused him of elitism and having his nose up various politicians arses! Her words not mine! How she didn't fall victim to the 'bad line syndrome' god only knows but it certainly softened his cough for a while. :mrgreen:

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/clips/22158600/
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Oh jeez it's bad. I was fortunate enough to avoid this for almost two weeks. I listened today to people talking about the evils of Guinness sponsoring some program on TV. Hello, the '50's phoned......
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

They guy was even moaning about the zero alcohol guinness saying if you drink that, you'll be back on the regular guinness soon after ..
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

"Eliza_bet" Joe Duffy, political commentator extraordinaire feels obliged to give us his expert analysis on the UK political situation.

SNP loon getting far too much time now.

Clueless 'salt of de earth' ex.Pat on now.

The fool has now played Liz Truss's resignation speech twice - great space filler - will he squeeze it in a third time before the end of the show. Worth every cent of his €400,000+ per annum contract with RTE.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Gold today when some dinosaurs from the 1920s got out of the old folks home.... :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Oh 'tis feckin' quare. I hear Collins, Musolinni, Cosgrave being mention and something about plaque.....
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Deathline was devoted to "The Banshees of Inisherin" which is completely "brilliant, brilliant"....and if he hasn't turned most of his listeners off going to see it I'd be surprised.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Although I had to laugh at the caller who walked out of the film due to the historical inaccuracies in the film. One of the main ones was that the Garda were not formed when the film was set (according to him) in 1923. Joe pointed out that they were, sure wasn't there a 100year celebration a few weeks ago and even read off the Garda website. No, the caller doubled down, saying he was excellent with dates and always got a H1 in history.

He came across as "I'm right, even when shown I'm wrong)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Gold again today as the bould Joe wades in to the Climate Activist debate and Art.... :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I heard second hand about the program. I missed the program (thank feck). That's all I'm saying......
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

I worry about these radicalised climate extremists, and now politicians are calling for paintings to be attacked, it's only a matter of time before these extremists start attacking SUV drivers, or people on the way to the airport.

utter scum.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Listened to the show over the last few days and it's truly depressing stuff. I count my blessings that I had such a happy experience at both of my schools. One of the men on today's show said how he can't even look in the gates of Willow Park/Blackrock College without feeling sick. In my case, when I look at the location of my primary school in Bray and its sports field, both now built over by housing developments I feel very sad that they are no more. :cry:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Listened a bit to LL myself.

**yuck***

Regarding the antics of a certain maths teacher Mr Corlis
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I felt very sad and angry when I heard the show.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Some absolutely incredible dog stories on de Lavhline today with blood spurting and fingers flying in all directions. You should have to pass some sort of aptitude test before being allowed to own a dangerous dog and it should be mandatory that if your dog bites somebody you will be face serious consequences.
'no more blah blah blah'
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

I tuned in yesterday, and Joe was saying "WHOOOOYYY would you want a dog that can destroy another Dog!!!"

I was thinking they must be talking about a psychotic pitbull on a cocktail of steroids and speed ....

Nope, an Alsation.

really ???
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

How original, Gay Byrne's hilarious Christmas Cake recipe coming up for the thousandth time. It wasn't that funny the first time round. At least we are starting with some misfortune, a fall in the ice and the man had a stroke previously - wow! Any chance of a death or at least a smidgen of cancer? I'm off to wash the cat.
'no more blah blah blah'