Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Joe Duffy's Liveline: otherwise sometimes known as Deathline

The wireless
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Joe Duffy's Liveline: otherwise sometimes known as Deathline

Post by Catmaniac »

The Liveline thread is what attracted me to Boards.ie in the first instance. It is often hilarious, there's a fun community there and I have made friends with other thread contributors. For a time I was a Radio mod on Boards but it was taking too much of my time and mental energy so I gave up on that.

After several weeks rest and recuperation Joe is back in the seat today. Wonder how many graveyards Joe has toured on his staycation, but one thing is for sure, he will
mention at least one in today's show.

Osamabindipper

Re: Joe Duffy's Liveline: otherwise sometimes known as Deathline

Post by Osamabindipper »

I don't listen to Joe but hopefully you can bring some of the community over. It would be great to get people posting from all ends and just grow slowly.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I can hardly wait for the return of the "great" one! What are the odds on a death or serious medical issue in the first five minutes - or, better still, tears. :D
'no more blah blah blah'
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

Yes, I am prophetic! My crystal ball is shining bright! Funerals is his no. 1 topic today. Namely "salta d'eert" funerals. Salt of the earth is a term which Joe has used to describe people whose underlying good nature may be masked by apparent antisocial behaviour :lol:
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

Post by 765489 »

The show makes no sense without dis thread. :mrgreen:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Do you make these memes with Joe's face inserted, Catmaniac?
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Joe

Post by Joe »

Joe is back from his well earned break.

Salt of the earth funerals

Gangsters glorifying croime.
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

isha wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:09 pm Do you make these memes with Joe's face inserted, Catmaniac?
I do indeed on de GIPHY, so to speak, caller.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Catmaniac wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:47 pm
isha wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:09 pm Do you make these memes with Joe's face inserted, Catmaniac?
I do indeed on de GIPHY, so to speak, caller.
Dat's excellent.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

Joe sounds really cross after coming back from his holiers in the middle of a heatwave.and at a time flights are resuming which could take him to the Dordogne chateau.
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

Joe!!! You can't say dat! You can't say dat! You can't say dat!
Woke Tadhg

Post by Woke Tadhg »

This is disgraceful radio.

These poor unfortunates were only expressing themselves as the system has let them down so badly. They are the real disadvantaged youth. They are not a curse, or a blemish. They are a blessing as they teach those of us more fortunate than them to be thankful for our lot. I think I'm going to sell one of my many houses and set up a fund for them to express themselves through the medium of dance or some other artistic pursuit. Why isn't Joe offering to talk to them and tell them to "stop it"? He could show them how a child from a disadvantaged area can better himself and become incredibly wealthy. Admittedly not everyone is as talented as Joe, but he should be an inspiration to these young people. He's a real hero and a credit to our nation. He should run for President and show the world what our finest citizen is really like.
Licensed to #Woke
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

There's only one authority recognised by gurriers... the authority of being antisocial.
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

Woke Tadhg wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:06 pm This is disgraceful radio.

These poor unfortunates were only expressing themselves as the system has let them down so badly. They are the real disadvantaged youth. They are not a curse, or a blemish. They are a blessing as they teach those of us more fortunate than them to be thankful for our lot. I think I'm going to sell one of my many houses and set up a fund for them to express themselves through the medium of dance or some other artistic pursuit. Why isn't Joe offering to talk to them and tell them to "stop it"? He could show them how a child from a disadvantaged area can better himself and become incredibly wealthy. Admittedly not everyone is as talented as Joe, but he should be an inspiration to these young people. He's a real hero and a credit to our nation. He should run for President and show the world what our finest citizen is really like.

When Joe becomes President
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

So Joe wasn't on his holiers at all at all, but filling his. He will have to take a year off for his actual chateau break at this stage.
Woke Tadhg

Post by Woke Tadhg »

Why is there no Ciara Kelly Thread? Brave Ciara is the hero we all need now more than and I'd like to be President of her Fan Club - can we set one up here on GUBU? In my club no criticism of Ciara will be allowed and anyone who dares to criticize her will be banned from the club no matter how valid their arguments are. As a woman Ciara is immune from criticism as she is always right, even when she's wrong.

If you disagree with Ciara you are sexist, misogynist and likely a potential rapist. Ciara has been brilliant throughout Covid: she's been completely consistent and never once has she said anything for attention or said things to be controversial for the sake of it. As a former GP she also knows more than the CMO and the WHO put together. She said we should open for Christmas and that went brilliantly. She's an inspiration to everyone - especially men, who could learn a lot by being just like her and me - woke. Try a little wokeness for yourself, it's super cool to be "right on" all the time. It really impresses the chicks.

Brave Ciara also had Covid - in fact she was one of the first people on the planet to get it and recover from it. She's also a woman btw.

Also can I be a mod on this new GUBU thing? Where do I send my CV? I'm very woke don't you know.
Licensed to #Woke
Woke Tadhg

Post by Woke Tadhg »

Catmaniac wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:27 pm There's only one authority recognised by gurriers... the authority of being antisocial.
OMG that is so un-PC. Not everyone can afford to live in South County Dublin with an even-numbered post code. I again would suggest that these people were merely expressing their frustrations at a male dominated system that has betrayed them. Perhaps if they could dine in Cavistons more often or enjoy a night at the ballet like you and I then they would not have the need to commit burglary. I was chatting to a young chap in a cafe one day and he explained to me that when he burgles a home he only takes what he needs and not everything in sight - I thought that was very generous and kind of him. We need more "Ethical Burglars" like this chap. He also forgot to pay for his coffee and a lady's handbag went missing while he was in the cafe but I'm sure these were just coincidental. I suspect he was so busy thinking about an upcoming performance of Handel's Messiah that he completely forgot about paying for the coffee but not to worry as I stepped forward and paid for it like the good man I am myself. I am not looking for praise for my actions here, it is what anyone would do in such circumstances really isn't it? "Hero" is not a word I apply to myself, but if you wish to do so, I can't stop you.
Licensed to #Woke
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

Do you quack like a duck, caller?

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

In place of Funny Fridays these times we are getting "Funny Funerals". Today's promo tells us dat we will be hearing more of the same from yesterday plus the take of a rather strangely dressed undertaker.
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

He was a saint of course :!:

Post by 765489 »

What about the poor truck driver Joe

Post by 765489 »

The gubberment are to blame joe
Catmaniac
Verified Username

Post by Catmaniac »

Give them a job... oh yeah. That's the solution. Just give them a job, any job. Joe has suggested in past everyone should be able to do Medicine if they want to. Maybe the lad could have been a brain surgeon.

Post by 765489 »

A nice bunch of lads :lol: