Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Old BBC Radio Comedy

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Old BBC Radio Comedy

Post by Del.Monte »

"The Radio Ham" by the late great Tony Hancock first aired in 1961 and I thought that this episode suitable for the day that's in it - May Day - if you don't know what I'm talking about you'll have to give it a listen. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Dec A Wash

Re: Old BBC Radio Comedy

Post by Dec A Wash »

Not today or yesterday, but I used to enjoy listening to Hello Cheeky on BBC Radio 2 with John Junkin and the two lates Barry Cryer and Tim-Brooke Taylor. I remember it transferring to ITV for a while as well.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Have you tried Pumpkin FM on internet radio? Several channels playing British and U.S. radio from the golden era of the 40s,50s, 60s,
Hancock's Half Hour, Round the Horne, Dragnet, The Burkiss Way, etc etc. Some have worn well, others not so well.
I remember Sunday lunchtimes listening to Round the Horne and Beyond Our Ken and I still get a good laugh out of them today. Hugh Paddick and Betty Marsden as the lovers, Kenneth Williams as the dirty old man, Bill Pertwee, Douglas Smith, all classic comedy actors.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

"The Clitheroe Kid" was a regular favourite at home and featured the irrepressible Jimmy Clitheroe. Hasn't dated a bit - well perhaps a little. :D

'no more blah blah blah'