Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Any recommendations for decent Internet Radio stations?

The wireless
Hairy-Joe

Any recommendations for decent Internet Radio stations?

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm looking for any decent recommendations for internet radio stations? I've recently treated myself to a Roberts internet radio and I'm looking for recommendations. Id be interested in current affairs, documentaries, chill-out music.

I'm currently on Radio 1 and BBC Radio 4 so looking for something new. So, GUBU users, what do you recommend?

Re: Any recommendations for decent Internet Radio stations?

Post by 765489 »

I've a Roberts internet radio too Joe. I find it good for tuning into local American news and talk shows. Has it got an option to browse by country genre etc ?

Last time I listened to it was a local station and the arrival of a huricane. Good for that sort of stuff.
jmcc
Verified Username

Post by jmcc »

Cafe Del Mar has a web based radio station ( https://cafedelmar.com/radio ). No ads. Chillout may not necessarily be chillout but it is quite good if not absolutely excellent at times. There are some Classical Internet radio stations too.

Better steer clear of LyricFM in the mornings as the management dumped Marty Whelan on the station.

Regards...jmcc
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Thanks lads/lassies/something in between/whatever you identify as

Looking at the Roku app (to control the radio) it has various genres that I can go exploring. Thanks for the recommendations
Comhrá
Verified Username

Post by Comhrá »

Give Times Radio a try. It's a good source of (UK) politics, current affairs and news.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/radio