Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Who's the worst MALE broadcaster on Irish radio

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Who's the worst MALE broadcaster on Irish radio

Post by Del.Monte »

There's so much choice - in fact I have serious difficulty in nominating a decent one.

In no particular order. :mrgreen:

Joe Duffy - thick, rude, aggressive, doesn't listen to callers as he's too busy scrolling on wikipedia.

Ray Darcy - what can I say - between operating the buttons, talking about what he read in the Irish Times and his love of porridge...

Shane Coleman - know it all who knows nothing.

Cormac Ó hEadhra ....loves the sound of his own voice, thinks he's hilarious.

Ciaran Cuddihy...truly dreadful, sport obsessed and another who thinks that he's very funny.

Pat Kenny....droning out the same old crap for decades and now phoning it in.

Lord Philip Boucher-Hayes.....a pompous windbag if ever there was one.

Matt Cooper.....sport obsessed but far from the worst of the above shower.

Brendan O'Connor....................ugh

Derek Mooney...................awful.

Sean Moncrieff......a big baby with a lavatorial sense of humour.

Somebody add a poll as I can't figure out how to.
Last edited by Del.Monte on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'no more blah blah blah'

Re: Who's the worst MALE broadcaster on Irish radio

Post by 95438756 »

Ryan Tubridy and Joe 'Duffoon' Duffy. TIE
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

Matt Cooper, nobody makes me change channel quicker, can't stand him.
You missed Ray Darcy, he was sound once before he became an opinionated arsehole, he's now gone too far up his own hole!

I enjoy Sean Moncreiff, he's a good laugh doesn't take things too seriously. I like the way he lets everyone have their say then cutely reads out reader comments to ridicule them
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I wouldn't even call Ray Darcy a broadcaster but I'll add to my list. He must be somebody's love child to hold down that 'job'!
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Duffy, by a long way, but we forget who his mentor was. Another self opinionated twat but he was the darling of, especially female, radioland.
Boucher-Hayes, makes me glad Sarah Mc Inerney didn't get the gig on RTE mornings, It would be just too depressing to go from her to him at holiday time.
Ciaran Cuddihy, makes Andrea Gilligan sound good, a feat which has, so far, defied the Gods of Newstalk.
That gobshite Henry, whatever his name is, who appears periodically on Newstalk, reporting on another non event. Roving reporter, my arse, simpering idiot, more like.
Last, but definitley. not least, Brendan O'Connor. Just defies words. I don't know why he has guests on when he knows more on their subject than they do.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

There's a generic type of semi-male broadcaster on various music channels who sounds permanently semi-hysterical, lots of camp intonations, gossipy, feminised, and brimful of forced jollity and I have to switch them off immediately. Don't even know who they are, but there's a few of them.
Whatever happened to sexy mellow calming bass voices as being THE radio voice? I can't stand this new shyte.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

isha wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:55 pm There's a generic type of semi-male broadcaster on various music channels who sounds permanently semi-hysterical, lots of camp intonations, gossipy, feminised, and brimful of forced jollity and I have to switch them off immediately. Don't even know who they are, but there's a few of them.
Whatever happened to sexy mellow calming bass voices as being THE radio voice? I can't stand this new shyte.
You can't be saying things like that, they could be non gender specific. :roll:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

marhay70 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:59 pm You can't be saying things like that, they could be non gender specific. :roll:
😛 I don't care. Bring back low soothing gravelly voices!
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:55 pm There's a generic type of semi-male broadcaster on various music channels who sounds permanently semi-hysterical, lots of camp intonations, gossipy, feminised, and brimful of forced jollity and I have to switch them off immediately. Don't even know who they are, but there's a few of them.
It's the same with female broadcasters - Mairead Devlin on the BBC late at night is sooooo soothing compared to most other female broadcasters. Sadly she seems to appear very intermittently. :(

'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:30 pm It's the same with female broadcasters - Mairead Devlin on the BBC late at night is sooooo soothing compared to most other female broadcasters. Sadly she seems to appear very intermittently. :(

Yes. I love a deep voice on a woman. She has a lovely voice. There's a lady on lyric who has a lovely deep voice but I don't know her name.

Post by 765489 »

isha wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:38 pm Yes. I love a deep voice on a woman. She has a lovely voice. There's a lady on lyric who has a lovely deep voice but I don't know her name.
Liz Nolan, my radio crush. 😍
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

She is good. But I think it is Ellen Cranitch I'm thinking of. Anyway I don't want to feminise this thread like what has happened to all them poor radio jocks with their breathless presentations.
Back to yer fellas.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm looking at the lists put forward so far and to be honest, I can't argue against any of them.......

I'm struggling here to think of one I know that's tolerable, never mind actually good......
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

John Creedon is easy on the ears.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Must confess, I forgot about John Creedon. I like listening to him and the few programs he does for TV are enjoyable.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Has to be the two johniees, I get it they are appealing to their Superdry hoodie club and bootcut jeans fanbois.
What’s with their excessive use of the word ‘lad’ in their programs. They are showing their education albeit their lack of it.
Last edited by Jack The Stripper on Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

John Creedon and John Kelly are amazing radio broadcasters ... From a fangirl who doesn't own a single pair of Super dry bootcut jeans, whatever they are.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Ray Darcy. Once was a decent broadcaster, his show used be a bit of light-hearted fun. Now an unbearable know-it-all with opinions on everything
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

Ryan Tubridy - I guess all mentions of him thus far must've been deleted ;) :lol:
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>

Post by 95438756 »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:07 pm Ray Darcy. Once was a decent broadcaster, his show used be a bit of light-hearted fun. Now an unbearable know-it-all with opinions on everything
Close but no cigar: all shows end with chuckling and laughter. Completely Inoffensive. All good fun.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

gugleguy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:17 pm Close but no cigar: all shows end with chuckling and laughter. Completely Inoffensive. All good fun.
Maybe so, but that doesn't make him any less insufferable. I heard an interview he did with one of the Healy-Raes, where he just cut him off when he didn't like what he was saying. I though it was disgustingly rude, to invite someone on to give their opinion and then use them to get your own opinion across. I didn't agree with Healy-Rae, but he's entitled to his opinion

Post by 95438756 »

ye got me there Pog

Post by 678904673 »

Joe Duffy by a country mile. The man has been stealing a living for the last 20 years
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:02 am Joe Duffy by a country mile. The man has been stealing a living for the last 20 years
In fairness, the competition for the title is fierce - Cormac O’hEadhra, Shane Coleman, Philip Boucher-Hayes, Kieran Cuddihy, Ray D'Arcy not to mention Pat Kenny. Come to think of it, I'm finding it difficult to think of any male broadcaster that I like apart from harmless John Creedon. John Bowman is another likeable broadcaster but he doesn't seem to be very active these days.
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:02 am Joe Duffy by a country mile. The man has been stealing a living for the last 20 years
It’s hard to believe this thread wasn’t just “Joe Duffy” and end of!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane