Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

RTE 'Countrywide' after Damien O'Reilly

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

RTE 'Countrywide' after Damien O'Reilly

Post by Del.Monte »

Philip Boucher-Hayes had his first outing this morning and it was - as I suspected it would be - a yawn fest! Still, I shall give it a chance as when Damo took on the gig he didn't know one end of a cow from the other but grew into the role. PBH's problem is that no matter how much he tries he does not have the common touch.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Re: RTE 'Countrywide' after Damien O'Reilly

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Oh I turned it off as his (uneducated) Green leanings were very evident. To me, he failed to see the difference between a commercial forest and a wild piece of forest. It got worse when he doubled down on his ignorance.....

Post by 678904673 »

PBH has always struck me as the guy of that if he could he would eat himself
KHD

Post by KHD »

John Creadon would have been ideal for that. Won't be listening to that eejit.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Thinking about it, Damien O'Reilly has a relaxing manner and seemed at ease talking to anyone, including farmers in Portumna Mart about the price of cattle, latest agri directive from the EU, etc. Lord Boucher-Hayes is completely missing that common "talk the hind leg off a horse" manner.

KHD is right, John Creedon would be a lot better as he seems like someone who can talk to and relate to anyone
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Tried to listen to it again this morning and it is beyond bad as Lord Boucher-Hayes continues to use reports from others to fill the programme instead of meeting the great unwashed for himself. The show has morphed into a version of his boring "Hot Mess" segment on Drivetime and isn't worth trying to listen to anymore.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Dreadful muck again this morning including a feature on a pilgrim 'walking' trail from Wexford to Pembrokeshire - I kid you not! Whoever thought that it would be clever to interview breathless people against the background noises of crunching gravel.................now poetry...................and I'm out. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'