Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Newstalk - have your say!

The wireless
Kaiser
Verified Username

Re: Newstalk - have your say!

Post by Kaiser »

One thing I've noticed more and more lately is that the whole Breakfast format of approx 5 minutes per segment is generally pointless.

No topic is discussed properly and the time limit is frequently used if the guest is going against the expected narrative - it doesn't help that Ciara and Shane use the platform to push their own particular views constantly.

Post by 95438756 »

Kaiser wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:23 am it doesn't help that Ciara and Shane use the platform to push their own particular views constantly.
^^^^Yup. This.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Andrea Gilligan interviewing a 'swinger' who's into swinging and polyamory but as no partner at all - only in Ireland....Lol.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This morning Ciara and Shane returned to the gift that keeps on giving - the mangling of the English language - and they should know as they are both major contributors. Ciara also gave us the benefit of her extensive knowledge of Irish agriculture with a comparison of our national cattle herd with wildebeest grazing majestically on the African plains....comedy gold. I'm starting to enjoy 'Newstalk Breakfast' more these days as I've come to understand that it's a parody news show. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

I tuned in this morning to the same and very quickly changed back to spotify. It's absolute tripe full of manufactured controversy and stupid squabbles. The fact they're allowed to use the word 'News' is an insult to journalism
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

You know you've gone mad when you wake up to hear that Ciara Kelly has won Speech Broadcaster of the Year for the second year in a row, Shane Coleman as been campaigning for Metro North since 1999 and the Government are announcing yet another National Development Plan....
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:32 am You know you've gone mad when you wake up to hear that Ciara Kelly has won Speech Broadcaster of the Year for the second year in a row,
I don't know, it's quite achievable, especially if only herself and Andrea Gilligan were entered.
What always amazes me is that when these people go on holiday, their stand-in presenters almost invariably seem more tolerable. Or is this just relief at being spared the ordeal of listening to the usual crap?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Adrian Kennedy still in for Andrea - discussion about chicken curry pizza - what an amazing idea, or at least Adrian seems to think so.

Everybody loves a spicebag at the end of a night out - really? I've never had one or even know what it is and don't want to.

And never a radio station to pick over the same topic again, and again and again - the next item for discussion is State funding of Private schools....
'no more blah blah blah'
dawg

Post by dawg »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:51 pm...
Everybody loves a spicebag at the end of a night out - really? I've never had one or even know what it is and don't want to...
Nor I !
If I had to guess I'd say its somehow related to 'sleazebag' and 'scumbag'. Also, might involve persons from the far east. Does the word 'currybag' exist ?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

A school with an LGBT club - the world has truly gone mad.
'no more blah blah blah'
dawg

Post by dawg »

Del, you need to find where the 'off' switch is on your wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

And Joe Duffy to come...
'no more blah blah blah'
dawg

Post by dawg »

Just hang in there and dont panic

I have arranged for some men in white coats to be at your front door at 3pm ( on the dot )

Everything will me fine

Just the next hour and a quarter to get through

Post by 95438756 »

More on bullying on 12.45 today - A former bully speaks.

A unique #Woke perspective by newstalk, not sure how this contributes to the sum of knowledge though.
RandallWeems

Post by RandallWeems »

Rubbish WOKE station. Can’t stand that Ciara Kelly one they have on in the morning. Whinning loudmouth feminist. Not what anyone wants to listen to in the morning.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

A well known musician and two poets die from old age and Ciara says "all our heroes are dying". Coleman, the culture vulture, "what a loss they are going to be".

Joe Duffy is going to have some programme today.

The Cocaine/GAA piece should be priceless with Coleman - zero, much ado about nothing - nothing to see here.
'no more blah blah blah'
SeanCena

Post by SeanCena »

Heard the cocaine piece. "Would the club not say to players, they're representing the club etc". Jesus Ciara and Shane, the last thing they are thinking of when they're huddled in the cubicle swapping bumps is county colours. Why do they think everyone is a child.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ireland's Call with Simon Tierney

I've never heard this programme before but unfortunately fell over the tail end of it today. More whining from immigrants and sexually confused people who don't like their experience of Ireland. The host apologising on behalf of the Irish people (all of us males presumably)...................Don't like Ireland, head for the airport and find somewhere better - nobody's stopping you. Whatever happened to keeping one's head down and trying to fit in rather than trumpeting your own agenda from the rooftops when you're hardly in the country a wet weekend.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:16 pm Ireland's Call with Simon Tierney

I've never heard this programme before but unfortunately fell over the tail end of it today. More whining from immigrants and sexually confused people who don't like their experience of Ireland. The host apologising on behalf of the Irish people (all of us males presumably)...................Don't like Ireland, head for the airport and find somewhere better - nobody's stopping you. Whatever happened to keeping one's head down and trying to fit in rather than trumpeting your own agenda from the rooftops when you're hardly in the country a wet weekend.
The problem with the media in Ireland, and I include social media in this, is that it's drowning in PC liberals who think this country needs to make amends for every wrongdoing perpetrated by mankind on itself. For the most part, these are people who have no everyday concerns in life and far too much time on their hands.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ciara has done a bunk this morning despite Shane's attempt to contact her. Is she broadcasting from her cupboard again?

And now she has appeared but no explanation.. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:08 am Ciara has done a bunk this morning despite Shane's attempt to contact her. Is she broadcasting from her cupboard again?

And now she has appeared but no explanation.. :mrgreen:
Hangover would be my guess.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Now gasping Gavin on - someone needs to advise him on his breathing or get him to slow down. He seems an intelligent guy but his gasping every few words is very off putting.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Should men pay for the first date - breaking news and will get more coverage than the climate conference.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Piece on crack cocaine overwhelming Tallaght squeezed in at the end of the show and Ciara can't get rid of the topic quickly enough and returns to daft purchases of the pandemic. Imagine if it was Greystones at the heart of the crack cocaine crisis.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Sport obsessed Newstalk can't even get the names of rugby teams correct. In a piece on women's rugby this morning the reporter (JD) referred to the Irish women's team beating the 'All Blacks' - now that's a game I would like to have seen!
For future reference - JD - it's the 'Black Ferns' - please try and keep up.
'no more blah blah blah'